2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

2004 Durango Fuse Block

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2004, 12:13 AM
sniper
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Durango Fuse Block

I recently purchased a 2004 Durango and the rear wiper doesn't work. According to the owners manual the fuse block is supposed to have a legend that tells you which fuse goes where. IT DOESN'T! I have spoken with the dealer, called customer service and emailed Chrysler and no one seems to know which fuse I need to replace, they all told me to just start pulling fuses till I find the right one.
A little disturbing, considering that the service department at the dealer where I bought the truck told me that the auto manufacturers are trying to make the vehicles more dealer dependant.
Has anyone else had a similar problem or can someone give me an answer to my question?

Old 11-08-2004, 11:25 PM
dodgemech
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 2004 Durango Fuse Block

You don't really expect us to memorize where every fuse is on every different model do you? They are all different from model to model and some have 2 fuse boxees. Look in your owners manual, it should show you where the fuses are or at least tell you a number that will correspond with a number on the lid.

Old 11-20-2004, 02:17 AM
chrisandclauida2
Rookie

disconnest the negative cable pull the fuses till you find the right one/. it isnt this big a deal

Old 12-28-2004, 04:30 PM
SixStars

I'd like to know how to tell which fuse is which as well. I'm about to install a review (backup) monitor and camera. I need to find out which fuse is for the reverse lights. How do I determine that without a legend of some kind? I can't just start pulling fuses. The manual is of no use and the fuse cover is not labeled.

I'd appreciate any help fellow forum members can provide.

Thanks!

Old 01-14-2005, 02:38 AM
SixStars

I just got an electronic copy of the 2004 Durango service manual. According to the manual fuse 17 (20A) in the power distribution center is for the rear wiper relay. The power distribution center is located in the engine compartment, next to the battery.

I hope this helps! If you're interested, I got the manual on eBay.

Quick Reply: 2004 Durango Fuse Block