2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

Venting...Why aren't they responsible?..

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 10:33 PM
soz593
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Venting...Why aren't they responsible?..

Ok, so I posted on here a few days ago about my CEL coming on and a diagnosis of it being and EGR valve. I am having that replaced tomorrow at the cost of 300.00! The part is only 80.00 I am told, but it being in a horrible spot is going to rack up the labor. I have dealt with this garage for many years, so trustworthy they are. Now, even though I have 28k on this 2005 Durango, Dodge would not cover it even though they warranty expired on 12/18/07. Also, I have owned this car since 10/07. Now, I am finding that I have intermittent times when the car will just quit! No warning, no nothing, just shuts off, the garage had no explanation for that one. So my fingers got busy and all over the internet I was (which was how I found this site). In doing so, I have found hundreds of complaints from owners of the same make/model as which I own, with less and more miles on their cars, with same problems, and even more. I am dumbfounded that a car maker has so many complaints about consistent problems with these vehicles, yet they are not held liable or responsible in coming up with valid solutions to potentially "deadly" outcomes. I know now, that in the back of my mind, freeway driving will not be as enjoyable for the fact that my car may just quit! At what point will they step up to the plate and admit their problems and fix it? Overall, I like the car, interior, exterior, ride, etc...but safety and reliability should be #1 with an automaker and the consumer. I would not be so fanatic about it if the car were not meticuliously maintained and high miles, but geez, I have a brand new car!

Just had to get this off my chest, and wonder if anyone else feels the same way, or if you have had any luck in getting issues resolved with Dodge above and beyond their crappy warranty coverage. The dealer is no help either, what their boss says, they do!

Old 02-11-2008, 11:38 PM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Venting...Why aren't they responsible?..

I call BS. This thread seems intended to get Google spiders all over it to trash Dodge/Durango's/etc.

I read dozens of threads a day in numerous Dodge forums. I can not show you 10 quoted threads with that issue much less "hundreds of complaints from owners of the same make/model as which I own." Maybe they are out there, please show them to us.

The Durango has a 36k or 70k mile warranty. Not 27k. Plus, you are the second owner and not entitled to any warranty unless it was properly transfered so you MAY INDEED be S-O-L.

Again, sorry. I call BS.

IndyDurango

Old 02-12-2008, 01:39 PM
MrNobody
Rookie

The original warranty is bumper to bumper for 36K it can be transfer to 100 different owners if it is within 3yr/36k original warranty. If you are not blowing hot air, call Chrysler report the dealer for scamming you and go to another dealer.

MrN

Old 04-03-2008, 03:56 PM
Aaronius

Sorry to hear about your luck dude, but you didn't mention when the truck would shut off? You said intermittently, but is that while driving highway speeds or making a left turn? My wife had a problem with her D shutting off unexplainably, primarily while making turns in the neighborhood. As a result she ended up in a ditch on a few occasions because of the lack of power steering. The good news was the fix was as simple as having the computer re-flashed by the dealership. No more probs. Hope that helps. Good luck.

Old 05-07-2008, 01:55 PM
ramoffroad

We have the same problem with our D. It just shuts off when stopped to make a turn or while turning. As you said, my wife loses power steering and luckily hasn't wrecked or hit anything. It is amazing that there are many people having this problem but no recalls. I'm going to check the tsb's too. How much does it cost to have the computer reflashed? How long has it been since you've had this done?

Thanks!

Old 05-07-2008, 03:08 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

If the warranty ran out, then it means the truck was built in 2004, which is the case with alot of 2005 models. This would explain why the warranty expired in December 2007. Remember, mileage means nodda unless your over the limit.

However, if this were indeed all over the place, I would think there indeed would be tons of people complaining.....but I'm not an expert on the Durango...

Old 05-07-2008, 04:19 PM
sca
Professional

The EGR is a somewhat known problem, wouldn't pay 300$ for it so!

It must be a 4.7 where the EGR is at the back of the firewall.

Old 05-10-2008, 08:23 PM
n8ech
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

soz:

How about an update???? Would be nice to know if this is BS as Indy claims or not.

Don

Quick Reply: Venting...Why aren't they responsible?..