2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

chip firmware upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 11:09 AM
mobilefox
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default chip firmware upgrade

I had taken my 2007 Durango to the service centre for millage problem.
The service Eng. could not found any problem with the engine or any physical part.
They noticed the the chip Firmware that handles fuel injection and other things needed upgrade and performed the upgrade.
I have noticed that millage has improved but lost the performance(pick up).
The First gear pickup seems fine but when tried consecetive increase in speed from 40 km or 80 kmneeds lot of acceleration.

I need to know if the fuel injection is controlled by chip or any manual settings.
I feel I lost the 5.7 lt power.
Plz share if you notice someething like this or has any info on chip Firmware upgrade.
This will help me if I need to take the vehicle back to service centre to get the Firmware upgrade rollback.

Thanx.

Br/
Sachin Nirale

5.7 Lt Dodge Durango 2007.

Old 05-30-2008, 11:16 AM
Dodge Tech
Captain
Default RE: chip firmware upgrade

just about every aspect to controling the engine is done by a computer. The software can be updated quite easy to fix issues that the chrysler corp techs have seen. As far as downgrading that cant happen only upgrade. U alwase have a give and take for MPG and performance U cant have top of both better MPG less performance and more performance less MPG its a trade off.

Old 05-30-2008, 11:34 AM
mobilefox

Thanx 'Dodge Tech' for the quick reply.

Al I need to know is if anything can be done now, like some settings that can still be made ?
If its a Firmware doing then I beleive i can't do anything, but if they have changed some settings just that I can get better millage then I dont need the new improvement.
I live is Muscat(Oman), and was getting very low millage 3.5km/lt of petrol, now I get about 4.5 km/lt.
I have also noticed the change in my vehicle firing noise,it has becoe much calm now.
Plz advise.

Old 05-30-2008, 01:21 PM
Dodge Tech
Captain

sorry there is no setting that can be changed. The software is none programable by a cust only by chrysler corp programers. U get what U get I would go with the better MPG ne way. Oh BTW it will take about 500 miles or so b4 u will get it working correctly ne way the computer will haft to relearn your driving habbits again to get it back to the way u drive so drive it how u want it to perform.

Old 05-30-2008, 01:36 PM
sca
Professional

X2 on the re-learning of the computer!
Give it 500-1000 Km to stabilize.
Do you do mostly city driving? I get similar mileage when in city traffic.
Average is around 17-18 ltr/100 Km in a city highway mix.

Keep the rpm's below 2500 if you want to safe gas!

Quick Reply: chip firmware upgrade