2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

2 Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 07:56 AM
steve5chang
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 Question

Original owner06 Hemi just wanted to get a load of my mind.

#1 Issue: Sometime when I start the D, the engine won't start but it just keeps on making the "starting the car sound" It stops when I turn to the off position. This happens about every 10-15 starts..otherwise it's fine.

#2 Issue:Squeky (loud) noise when I brake..only 12K on it..is it brake dust or the pads (pads look ok to me)? How do I get rid of brake dust?

Thanks for all the kind thoughts!

Old 07-22-2008, 07:25 PM
Sparky321
Default RE: 2 Question

On issue #1 I have to ask what you mean by the "starting the car sound". Is it simply turning the engine over or is it actually trying to fire the engine and just can't stay running. Is it trying to start when the key is in the on position or only when you turn the key all the way.

On issue # 2 Any loud braking noise is not good. Brakes will squeal somtimes but if it is exceptionally loud or if you feel a grinding sensation when you press the pedal then you have a problem. If it only has 12,000 miles then it should be covered under warranty. The only brake dust you have to worry about is what you see on the wheel itself and then only because it looks bad and needs to be washed off.

Old 07-22-2008, 09:45 PM
steve5chang
Default RE: 2 Question

#1 Turning the key to start but the engine doesn't turn,,key is "on" position with the cranking noise. Stops when I turn off...it is normal otherwise when I try again.

#2 Brakes only squeal when it is driven for over 30 minutes or longer..(maybe the heat causes the squeal sound?)

Quick Reply: 2 Question