2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

H45 recall...sending unit issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 08:51 PM
MrNobody
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation H45 recall...sending unit issues

Hey all, it's been awhile. The beast is still on the road and ticking(140,000+). I just took it to the dealer for the H45 saftey valve recall. When I left I couldn't put more that 2 gals of gas in at a time. I thought, "hey maybe the station". Well 3 fill ups later and same issue. Took it back to the dealer. They said "not our problem." He said the sending unit was bad. My computer was reading the tank full. But, I don't see how that can be since I have no CEL, fuel gauge is working properly, overhead computer appears to be work (DTE...etc..), and it work fine before I took the truck in. I think the dealer is trying to pull a fast one. Please advise...ASAP...

Thanks In Advance,

MrN

P.S. - 05 SLT 5.7L

Old 05-05-2009, 10:32 PM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yep. Take it back (again).

IndyD

Old 05-05-2009, 11:54 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Talk to the manager!

Old 05-06-2009, 09:36 AM
MrNobody
Rookie

Has anyone else ran into this issue?

MrN

Old 05-06-2009, 10:20 AM
MrNobody
Rookie

Talked to the dealer again...They, of course gave me a "handjob". The proceed to tell me how difficult things are and only 7% of dealers post a profit...blah blah blah

Guess what, I supply Chrysler direct, as well is tier 1 and tier 2. I don't what to hear how bad things are for you, when you still have a job. Get paid every week and still hiring sales reps. My bleeding fricking heart. I went from $1.2 million in sales down to less than $200,000 and haven't had a pay check since Jan. That is without losing any business, that is strictly because of the "shutdowns". Not to mention Chrysler is paying there bills in 240days on average now. So the little guy like me gets strung out to finance their stuff... Not to mention I have bought 8 new Dodge/Chrysler products in the last 11 years to help support my customer....

What happened to the "service" in customer service...

Sorry, I went on a tangent...I am better now...At least the spring is here and the weather is getting warmer.

MrN

Old 05-06-2009, 10:52 PM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If they have resorted to whining, they're guilty. Take it back.

IndyD

Old 05-15-2009, 04:56 PM
MrNobody
Rookie

Here is an update.

It was a "crimped vent hose" on the sending unit. It took them 4hrs to "fix". I will take what I can get. NO CHARGE!

MrN

Old 11-22-2009, 05:06 PM
mahowaldjl

The problem definitely is in the venting. I had a recall done on my 05 this summer, and the problem did not go away, although it was better. Lately when the tank gets close to full I have been holding the gas nozzle straight in so that as much area for venting is available as possible. This seems to make a big difference, and I have been able to fill it four times with only one minor spill. I could not find a kink in the vent hose, but its hard to see.

Quick Reply: H45 recall...sending unit issues