2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

Dead Battery Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 04:23 AM
rlg
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dead Battery Question

I have a 2007 Durango SLT Hemi and I went to start it this morning but a small red light showed on the dashboard next to speedo and it just clicked on trying to fire it up.

I called the recovery guys, but as I'm in Dubai this was a waste of time - the guy showed up on a tiny scooter (thought he was delivering pizza) with the lamest battery booster I've ever seen!

So I sent him off and tried to jump start it with the wifes pajero but it just clicked a few times. It has that rock-start thing where you don't need to keep the key turned to start it so not sure what the procedure is but it didn't work when I held it in start for about 5 seconds a few times.

My question is (and I've taken plenty of time to get to it so apologies!) - if it doesn't jump-start when the battery is completely dead, is there another problem or should I head out and buy a new battery?

As it's often pretty hot here (AC on all summer), with lots of traffic and I do quite a bit of sand driving so the car does get some abuse, but it's only done 19,000kms and is still in perfect condition and I change the oil between service intervals and regularly get the engine cleaned.

Old 05-27-2009, 08:03 AM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I left my key in the ignition while I was cleaning the inside of my Durango and forgot to remove it for two days. THe battery was so low that the tow truck driver usd his truck in series with the booster in order to jump it. It worked fine for a few months but I needed to get a new one as it was causing a low voltage warning constantly. Buy a new battery,
FF

Old 05-27-2009, 09:13 AM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

+1

With the heat and conditions (enviro and physical) I would go ahead and change it too.

IndyDurango

Old 05-27-2009, 09:32 AM
rlg
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Excellent, thanks guys I'll buy one tonight and get my hands greasy - hope it works as taxi's here are a nightmare!

Quick Reply: Dead Battery Question