2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

Transmission problems....

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 10:12 AM
agsmv1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Transmission problems....

Ok, first some information 2005 Durango Limited, Hemi, 2WD, about 88K on it. It seems that after it warms up when I come to a stop, that it is dropping gears too late. Not sure how to explain it. Sometimes when I come to a complete stop like at a stop sign, about half a second after I come to a stop, you can hear/feel a gear change. Just seems like it is slow in dropping gears. Everything else seems fine with no problems. Any suggestions? I am coming up on a fluid change and will have the pan off so if you guys have any suggestions I am open to them. It also does it when I am in the tow mode if that helps.

Thanks,
Art

Old 07-27-2010, 12:03 PM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Change the transmission fluid (do not flush) and the filters. Remember to use ATF+4,
FF

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/general...s-atf-4-a.html

Old 08-14-2010, 02:03 PM
trans3

That can be a number of different things. Engine light on? Back in the 90's GM's trucks/suburbans had a similar complaint. Simply remove the driveshaft, lubricate the driveshaft yoke that slides onto the output shaft of the tranny with some sort of lubricant like petroleum grease, slide it in & out. Fixed. But, you have to remember this is a computer controlled transmission. A number of things can be causing this. Does it shift through the forward gears in accelleration good? Need more info.

Old 09-12-2010, 11:10 AM
agsmv1

Sorry, I thought I had this set up to email me when a new post was posted... Any way, yes, shifts forward in all gears great, drops a gear fines on hard acceleration and changes gears just fine when taking off nice and slow. Just when I decelerate and then accelerate quickly, it is not in the right gear. Another thing that just started happening is when my wife is backing out of the driveway, she stops puts it in drive and the car dies. Never happened to me but has happened to her several times. Thanks for all of your help guys.

-Art

Quick Reply: Transmission problems....