2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

Indicator Lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 11:38 AM
mikeforpope
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Indicator Lights

The backstory before the issue.

Took Durango (2005 4x4 Hemi) to Wal-Mart to have the tires rotated and balanced. When they put it on the lift, they used some blocks that they put on the cross member. This ended up bending the cross member and the torsion bolt on each side popped out. They obviously had no clue what caused that to happen and ended up paying for the tow and mechanic work to have it fixed. I was even able to get the mechanic to even out the Durango some with the torsion bolts on Wal-Mart's dime.

I drove it home Friday and then out to dinner the next night and everything seemed fine with it, putting about 150 miles on it. Sunday I get in it and before even putting the key in, the 4LOCK, 4LO, and SVC 4WD are all on. Those lights just stay on even after driving and turning the vehicle off. The Durango still drives fine an makes no odd sounds.

Anyone ever hear of this or experience it?

Old 08-24-2010, 08:07 PM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

THe 2005 had a recall on the instrument cluster that can pose a fire hazzard. THe Dodge website has a VIN listing of the affected vehicles,
FF

Old 08-25-2010, 04:09 PM
mikeforpope

Just got the Durango back from the dealer that did the instrument panel recall fix. Looks like everything is back to normal. Whew...free is nice.

Old 08-27-2010, 12:36 AM
juggaloword@yahoo.com
Default feedback

Originally Posted by mikeforpope
The backstory before the issue.

Took Durango (2005 4x4 Hemi) to Wal-Mart to have the tires rotated and balanced. When they put it on the lift, they used some blocks that they put on the cross member. This ended up bending the cross member and the torsion bolt on each side popped out. They obviously had no clue what caused that to happen and ended up paying for the tow and mechanic work to have it fixed. I was even able to get the mechanic to even out the Durango some with the torsion bolts on Wal-Mart's dime.

I drove it home Friday and then out to dinner the next night and everything seemed fine with it, putting about 150 miles on it. Sunday I get in it and before even putting the key in, the 4LOCK, 4LO, and SVC 4WD are all on. Those lights just stay on even after driving and turning the vehicle off. The Durango still drives fine an makes no odd sounds.

Anyone ever hear of this or experience it?

This juggaloword@yahoo.com

I had the same problem with my moms durrango just unhook your battery then wait 5 minutes then hook it back up if it still stays on then take it in to the shop

Quick Reply: Indicator Lights