2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

warning lights came on after replacing battery

Old 10-13-2010, 04:03 PM
medinaa2
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default warning lights came on after replacing battery

After replacing my battery on 04D Lmtd,2WD the TPMS and 4LO AWD 4HI warning lights came on. All the tire pressures and seems to be ok. Im hoping to fix it my self before taking it to the dealer. Please advise

Old 10-13-2010, 06:49 PM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

It may be a 'soft' warning and will clear after a few startups. I would do the key trick to see if any codes show up on the odometer. turn the key to 'on' (not start) then 'off' three times and see what the odometer reads. If is says 'done' with no P*** codes then all is well,
FF

Old 02-13-2011, 07:45 PM
cgng25
Default warning lights came on after replacing battery

were you able to resolve this?

Old 02-13-2011, 10:17 PM
MIKEon22s
Captain
Default TPMS info

TPMS need sometimes up to 10 miles to relearn. When I have the 22's (no sneosrs) on and leave the house I hit the exact spot on the hightway and its not 9.9 or 10.1 its 10.0 exactly and I get the ding.

I had one sensor replaced the other night and i had the warnign light on that tire and with in 2 miles it went out.

When I have the 22's on with no sensors and I park in my garage I get my wifes Mitshubshi Outlander TPMS pressure on overhead. One day she pulled next to me on the highways and all her pressures lit up my overhead.

Old 02-14-2011, 09:03 AM
cgng25

my durango does not have tmps. The issue is related to charging the battery. Both the awd and tmps lights are staying on after a dead battery recharge.

Old 02-15-2011, 12:51 PM
medinaa2

As of today I still don't have any idea to fix it. Next option is to take to the dealer ship.

Old 04-17-2011, 05:13 AM
rojawajr
Default Tpms

Did you ever get this resolved. I have the same issue, For me it happened after a low battery. D would not start, changed battery everything was fine except for this TPMS light and the rear liftgate light only goes off every other close.

Please post if you did get the TPMS issued fixed. I understand that the only reason we have the TPMS light in the 06 is that the replaement instrument cluster for the recall was from the 08 model years.

Old 04-20-2011, 12:05 AM
n8ech
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Medina:

Try a battery disconect reset. Remove the negative cable from the battery, then depress the brake pedal for 30-45 secondsto drain away all energy stored in the systems.

Then reconnect and fire it up. See if the lights won't stay out!

Don

Old 04-24-2011, 09:40 AM
rojawajr

Tried the disconnect Battery trick. No luck. Still have the TPMS light. Is there anyway to tell what version of firmware is supposed to be flashed on the different computers. It is my belief that this could be fixed with a trip to a dealer to re-flash the CCN. (Forgive me if I use an incorrect term here)

My hypothesis is that the 2008 or 2009 instrument cluster was used in the 2006 Instrument Panel recall. It was then re-flashed with some firmware that was dictated by the recall procedures, which allows the TPMS light to remain extinguished. Those of us with the TPMS lighting up (and do not have TPMS systems) came upon the problem when replacing a battery or attempting to start the vehicle with a low battery causing the CCN to reset. The problem is not by any means very common because as long as the car does not have low battery issue, then owners will never see it.

I am running this by the experts here before going to the dealer to spend $200.00 for computer re-flash.What do you guys think?

Last edited by rojawajr; 04-24-2011 at 09:55 AM.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:08 AM
Buxieda
Default Bump

I have this problem as well.
I had a low battery and used a portable jump starter to get my durango to crank over and it did but right after... the TPMS light came on and the cargo light came on and when i leave the driver door open there is is annoying chime that wasnt there before.

Let me know how you resolved it.

thank You.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: warning lights came on after replacing battery