2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

automatic door unlocks reprogramming

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 01:11 PM
kschmidt671
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help wih Unlock Feature

I am trying to enable/disable the unlock feature on my 06 Durango. I want all of the doors to unlock when I open the driver's door...the kids can't wait the extra second for me to hit the button.

I have tried the instructions in the manual...get in, lock seatbelt, turn key four times, end in off position, hit unlock button...but then nothing happens. No chime or anything and the feature is just as it was before.

The lock feature is on...all doors lock when I hit 15 mph....which is great...but i really need to fix this unlock feature.

What could I be doing wrong? Please help!

Old 08-03-2011, 08:25 PM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you have an overhead console?
FF

Old 08-04-2011, 12:13 PM
kschmidt671

No...no overhead console.

I even had a friend try to help. he's pretty good with car stuff & electronics. Still won't work.

Old 08-27-2011, 03:52 PM
bald347
Rookie
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm having the same problem in my 06 limited. I have followed the owners manual many times and it has not worked. The last time I was at the dealer,10 months ago, they fixed it but now it has done it again and I cant get it to work. I have two friends with the 05 durangos and one of them is having similar problems with electronic type issues and has been told that her electronic control system or onboard computer is going bad and will need to be replaced at the cost of 2000 dollars. Its funny to her because she told me that the first thing that started happening was this problem with the door locks. FASCISTFACTION I do have the overhead console but I dont understand what you mean when you refer to it. what should I do to the console??

Old 08-27-2011, 08:25 PM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I think you can change the soor lock feature through the overhead console. You can change the light dimmer, lights on with the wipers on and other functions,
FF

Old 09-11-2011, 10:22 PM
bald347
Rookie
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

UPDATE TO THIS.
I dont know if this is everyone else's problem but in my previous post I said the automatic door unlocks quit working and i could not re program them. Well the durango seemed like it did nt crank up as fast as it usually did so I took it to advanced auto parts and had the battery checked. The printout said that the cold cranking amps of the battery was 356 when it was supposed to be 800. Put in a new battery and not only is it cranking great but the auto unlock feature started working again. So anyone having this problem might want to get their battery tested.

Old 01-26-2012, 05:31 PM
carmom

Hi there, this did not work for me at first, but I accidentally found out you need to end with the key in the On position, not the Off position - as the manual says.

Old 02-27-2012, 01:52 PM
rcatty
Amateur

I was unable to reprogram my door unlock feature. The dealer told me that that feature has to be done by them via the computer. When told about the manual and instructions, the dealer stated that same may not apply to all Durangos, and that my vehicle will require the dealer to reprogram via the computer. Anyone else?

Old 02-29-2012, 06:54 PM
civilizedgrit

Mine ability to reprogram stopped when I asked the dealer to turn off that infernal "easy exit" feature. I believe they disabled all programmable features when they did that. I'll see what happens, I'm going to take mine in for the gas-puking thing and a reprogram of the stability control; will let you know if it works again.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:48 PM
FishManLA

Originally Posted by carmom
Hi there, this did not work for me at first, but I accidentally found out you need to end with the key in the On position, not the Off position - as the manual says.
Thanks!

After a trip to the dealer, my "auto unlock" wasn't auto unlocking, and I really like that feature. (I guess the dealer reset something, upgraded the firmware, or some such.)

This did the trick for me, after much frustration.

It works for me to end with the key in the ON position (that is, press the door "unlock" button with the ignition key ON.

When I do that, I hear the chime, and can disable and enable the feature at will.

Quick Reply: automatic door unlocks reprogramming