Browse all: Dodge Ram 1500 Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

Park Assist Problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 11:07 AM
Sblunden
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Park Assist Problems

I have a 2007 Dodge Durango Limited and recently have been getting the "service rear park assist" message. The sensors are clean. I've even had a mechanic friend clear the codes. The main error I seem to get says "unable to communicate to park assist module" so I'm thinking the module is broken?

Questions:
1. Where is the rear park assist module located?
2. Does anyone know the part number for it and whether you can order?
3. Anyone know what the problem might be and how I can fix without taking to the stealership? Thanks

Old 04-18-2011, 05:42 AM
emerza

You beat me to it......2008 Durango with the same problem....cleaned it and everything

Old 04-18-2011, 12:58 PM
Sblunden
Default Park Assist Problems continued...

Originally Posted by emerza
You beat me to it......2008 Durango with the same problem....cleaned it and everything
Ok, so I spent the weekend pulling my Durango apart. On my 2007 the module is located on the Driver's side behind the rear panel in the trunk. It's not the easiest of modules to locate because you have to remove a whole bunch of panels. Anyway, I've removed it (if you send me your email I can send you the photo of the unit which includes the part number) and am trying to figure out how to get a replacement. A neighbour (who works in the auto parts business) suggested www.car-part.com

At least with the module removed, I don't get the constant "Service Rear Park Assist" message anymore. It flashes on once when I start up then disappears. While I'm not a mechanic, I think the unit is fried. Im determined to fix this myself and avoid a $1000 bill at the stearlership.

Old 04-19-2011, 12:58 AM
Sblunden
Default Park assist saga continues...

Originally Posted by Sblunden
Ok, so I spent the weekend pulling my Durango apart. On my 2007 the module is located on the Driver's side behind the rear panel in the trunk. It's not the easiest of modules to locate because you have to remove a whole bunch of panels. Anyway, I've removed it (if you send me your email I can send you the photo of the unit which includes the part number) and am trying to figure out how to get a replacement. A neighbour (who works in the auto parts business) suggested www.car-part.com

At least with the module removed, I don't get the constant "Service Rear Park Assist" message anymore. It flashes on once when I start up then disappears. While I'm not a mechanic, I think the unit is fried. Im determined to fix this myself and avoid a $1000 bill at the stearlership.
So just installed a replacement module. Still getting the error message and four red lights now come on. What does this mean? I will see if I can read the codes again and reset. Maybe it's the sensors? Someone please help!

Old 05-03-2011, 12:03 AM
Sblunden
Default Park assist issue resolved

Originally Posted by Sblunden
So just installed a replacement module. Still getting the error message and four red lights now come on. What does this mean? I will see if I can read the codes again and reset. Maybe it's the sensors? Someone please help!
So I managed to get replacement sensors from my neighbor who works in a wrecking yard. This has resolved the problem and park assist is working again! Easy to replace the sensors and a cheap fix rather than going to the stealership!

Old 05-03-2011, 07:50 AM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the update as my 2007 will likely be next,
FF

Old 05-03-2011, 05:44 PM
Sblunden

My pleasure. Also when I replaced the sensors I did not need to clear the codes. The "service park assist" warning just went away on it's own. My local dealership wante $100+ CAD per sensor - rip off

Quick Reply: Park Assist Problems