2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

Horn and rear A/C problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011 | 09:24 PM
Moparz
|
Question

OK, so my wife and I just got her an 04 Dodge Durango Limited on June 17th. We've had it for all of 4 days and I know nothing about the history of the vehicle other than it's in nice shape with plenty of pedal power. It appears to be well taken care of, but I'm not sure if it's had any recalls taken care of, or even what the recalls might be yet. I'll be looking into that.

The issues I've noticed is that the horn will beep when locking the doors with the key fob, and if the alarm is triggered it'll honk with no problems. The actual horn button itself on the steering wheel though doesn't work. It doesn't matter where I push in the center, it wont honk. How does one safely remove the center section of the steering wheel, without damaging or setting off the airbag? I would like to check and see if the horn is hooked up.

Also, before buying it, I noticed the rear A/C would only blow ambient air out, or warm air when turned to warm. (It was a great deal so I figured I'd deal with it.) The front vents funtion normally and blow very cold when asked to. Is there a seperate filling port for the rear? Is there a special procedure to filling up the rear? Are there places I sould be looking for a leak at? It doesn't matter if we control it from the front controls or the back ones, it never gets cold in the rear.

Thanks in advance for your help.

OK, so the A/C was operator error. I wasn't familiar with the digital controls.

I'm still concerned with the horn issue, simply because of all the idiot drivers out there. I'd like to fix it myself if at all possible to save some money. I just don't want the airbag to blow up in my face. I fixed the horn on my '94 Chevy 1500, but that old POS doesn't have an airbag to worry about.

Last edited by 1969CoronetR/T; 06-22-2011 at 08:56 AM.

Quick Reply: Horn and rear A/C problems