2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

P0841 issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 07:35 PM
Adam Kester
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry P0841 issues

I have a 06 SLT Durango w/4.7L engine and roughly over 64,000 miles. I was changing the Power Steering Pump and decided to change the Transmission Fluid/filters while waiting for parts to come in. Now that the Durango is back together. Power Steering Pump is having no issues.
However, I went to put the vehicle in gear and nothing engaged. After about 5 minutes of waiting, I coasted the vehicle outside on my driveway and let it run. After about another 5 minutes the transmission engaged and I started to roll down the driveway. Once I hit level ground it stopped moving. I did noticed that if I get upto about 4000 RPM the Durango will move enough to get back into my garage from my driveway which has a good slop.(roughly 50 ft total moved)
I am receiving a dual code of P0841/P0700. I have tried to clear the code but it keeps coming right back. All I did was remove the pan and swapped filters including the Metal O ring on the top of the filter. I cleaned the surfaces and installed a new liquid Gasket.
The replacement parts I used were the DURALAST TF98 filters, Permatex Ultra Black RTV silicone Gasket maker, and SuperTech ATF+4 fluid.

Old 03-04-2013, 09:59 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Adam,

I assume the fluid level is correct? If so it sounds like the filter is either defective or the filter or the o-ring was installed incorrectly.

P0841-LR PRESSURE SWITCH RATIONALITY

Theory of Operation

The Transmission system uses five pressure switches to monitor the fluid pressure in the L/R, 2C, 4C, UD, and OD clutch circuits. The pressure switches are continuously monitored for the correct states in each gear as shown.
  • When Monitored: Continuously with the ignition on and engine running.
  • Set Condition: The DTC will set if the L/R Pressure Switch reads open or closed at the wrong time in a given gear.
Possible causes

LOSS OF PRIME AND/OR TCM POWER INPUT DTC PRESENT
LOW FLUID LEVEL
LOW LINE PRESSURE
REVERSE CARRIER SNAP RING DISLODGED
CRACKED OR MIS-INSTALLED PRIMARY OIL FILTER OR FILTER SEAL
STICKING MAIN REGULATOR VALVE IN PUMP VALVE BODY
NO. 1 CHECK BALL CUT OR DAMAGED WIRING AND CONNECTORS
(T50) L/R PRESSURE SWITCH SENSE CIRCUIT OPEN
(T50) L/R PRESSURE SWITCH SENSE CIRCUIT SHORTED TO GROUND
(T50) L/R PRESSURE SWITCH SENSE CIRCUIT SHORTED TO VOLTAGE
TRANSMISSION SOLENOID/TRS ASSEMBLY