2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

2007 Durango Internal Fuse Box

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2018, 03:07 PM
f150cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Durango Internal Fuse Box

So my mechanic here in Kuwait found a fuse blow, installed a new fuse and it blew. He started some troubleshooting and found the top left fuse has a short. On the panel its marked as F10, yet I can find nothing using google what the fuse goes to. The Durango is having all kinds of flashing light issue, overhead lights won't work, and hoping this thing has something to do with it. I even have a Haynes manual which doesn't even match up with my fuse box. Pretty frustrated. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Somehow the picture got inverted. What should be the top, its the bottom slot on the right, under the 10amp fuse. The fuse cover says F10 for the spot.

Old 01-11-2018, 06:41 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,176 Likes on 2,929 Posts

Does this help at all? According to them F10 is a spare..... but, the pic is also upside down from what I see in your pic.......

Old 01-12-2018, 02:08 AM
f150cruiser

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Does this help at all? According to them F10 is a spare..... but, the pic is also upside down from what I see in your pic.......
Why I had mentioned the pic was inverted for some reason, and where it should be. I've seen the diagram you linked and says its the F1 spot which is actually for the instrument cluster.

Panel covering the fuse box.
Fuse on panel is the F10 spot, 15A

Old 01-12-2018, 09:46 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Received 3,176 Likes on 2,929 Posts

Well that's more than a little confusing........

Does your instrument cluster work the way it is supposed to? Wiring diagrams would REALLY help here......

Old 01-12-2018, 10:59 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

What are the random wires coming out of the fuses?

Old 01-12-2018, 02:16 PM
f150cruiser

Originally Posted by jkeaton
What are the random wires coming out of the fuses?
The wires are from the after market stereo installed back in 2010 after I bought the vehicle. It hasn't been until recently started having this issue. I have a bunch of Gremlins running around in this vehicle.

Had the AC canister replaced in 2012, which is under the dash. Later that day lots of light started flashing on the instrument cluster.
First time 2 years ago put synthetic oil in the Durango and the check engine light came on with codes P3041/2 which were for the banks. They went away. 3 weeks ago the check engine light came back on with the P3041 code, so this weekend we changed the left side banks. Seemed to work then driving home today, code and check engine light came on again. We just changed the oil this evening and reset the computer/codes. Got home, no check engine light, but the P3041 codes came back, again.

The overhead dome lights stopped working a while back, got the new light bulbs in, swamped them, and still don't work. So mechanic started checking ALL the fuses, hence to the problem now and trying to figure out exactly WHAT that fuse is suppose to go to.

One of the problems could be, this Durango was designed for the MIddle East, or built for the Middle East. So maybe, just maybe the configuration isn't as what it should be and why the fuse panel reads different then what is found online. Problem here in Kuwait it, mechanics even at the dealerships are for ****, and expensive as hell. If something cost $1 in the states, its 1kd here, and 1kd = $3.40 dollars. Heck, Kraft Parmesan Cheese is $14 for a 12 oz bottle. The mechanic I have now is fairly competent and has the scanner and tools, its just I believe there is more than one problem.

Most things have read online and in forums, leads to the instrument cluster and the PCM/ECU, depending on which site you go to. Almost ready to throw in the towel and order those two parts.

Quick Reply: 2007 Durango Internal Fuse Box