2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

Instrument Cluster/ G07 Recall

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2018, 10:45 AM
zinfendel
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Instrument Cluster/ G07 Recall

My '05 has the dim interior lights that won't go off. According to the Service Instructions for the G07 recall, it needs the cluster replaced. But Googling the part number in the Svc instructions for the cluster, I don't find them anywhere. I made an appt with my dealer yesterday for Dec 10 to have the recall work done (air bags too), but he said that the cluster just needed to be reflashed. I am going to call them today about the part availability. Has 56049691AJ been superseded by another PN?

Text in the svc instructions says:

"
If the dome light remains on continuouslyafter the door is closed, the clustermust be replaced. Recordthe mileage, order a new instrument cluster andstore the vehicle with the battery disconnected.
"

And no, my panel dimmer switch/wheel is not in the all the aw up position.

TIA

JH

Old 11-27-2018, 01:21 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

I’m sure they will try the least expensive repair method first (flash). If that does not work, then they will replace the cluster.

Old 12-10-2018, 04:02 PM
zinfendel
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got off the phone with the 1) Dealer (has the truck now 2) Mopar customer care and 3) NHTSA and they all said that because the truck is over 10 years old, Chrysler is not liable to repair it. Doesn't jive with the text on NHTSA's site:

Are there any limitations on my right to have a recalled vehicle remedied at no charge?

Yes. There is a limitation based on the age of the vehicle. In order to be eligible for a free remedy, the vehicle cannot be more than 10 years old on the date the defect or noncompliance is determined.

But the recall came out in 2007? The truck was only 10 years old then?

Quick Reply: Instrument Cluster/ G07 Recall