2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

Rear heater not heating

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2018, 01:58 PM
shaqbell
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear heater not heating

05 Durango 5.7 Hemi
I have checked most everything. The blend door is working like it's supposed to and the coolant lines are getting hot but it won't blow out any warm air to the rear. The front heat works just fine. Any ideas? I think I have to do a coolant flush on the rear heater but i am not sure how to take it all apart.

Old 11-28-2018, 06:45 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

you need to be posting in the second generation section for the 2005 trucks.

Ill move this for you, but please be carefull to post in the correct section going forward.(read section descriptions if you are unsure)

Old 12-20-2018, 08:02 AM
subsitute77
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blend door

Originally Posted by shaqbell
05 Durango 5.7 Hemi
I have checked most everything. The blend door is working like it's supposed to and the coolant lines are getting hot but it won't blow out any warm air to the rear. The front heat works just fine. Any ideas? I think I have to do a coolant flush on the rear heater but i am not sure how to take it all apart.
I just had the same issue with my wife's 2006 Durango. I flushed the radiator, no change. I bit the bullet took the rear housing apart and it was the blend door. It was broke just laying inside there. So I searched the savage yards, on luck on finding a good one. So I bought a new set from BLEND DOOR USA. I installed them and my rear heat started working again. I don't have to worry about the plastic breaking again.
https://www.blenddoorusa.com/collect...-dodge-durango

Quick Reply: Rear heater not heating