2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

Ignition off clicking noise

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2019, 01:14 AM
Robert42164
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ignition off clicking noise

Got an 08 Durango, 4.7 V8. With ignition off and key removes the ADS relay is hammering. (Loud clicking) Doesn’t do it with the key on or running. It’s done it once before but stopped clicking after a few minutes, normal start and idle. This time it started as we were leaving the house to watch or son graduate. Running behind schedule so I assumed it would quit on its own like before. Received phone call later that evening, it in fact did NOT quit and has now caused the alarm to go off. And by the time we made it home the next evening had completely drained the battery. What’s yalls idea with this? PCM? Bad ground? Exposed wire? I’m stumped. I’m generally pretty good with this stuff but starting to doubt my self now

Old 05-31-2019, 04:43 PM
slickdaddy96
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert42164

Got an 08 Durango, 4.7 V8. With ignition off and key removes the ADS relay is hammering. (Loud clicking) Doesn’t do it with the key on or running. It’s done it once before but stopped clicking after a few minutes, normal start and idle. This time it started as we were leaving the house to watch or son graduate. Running behind schedule so I assumed it would quit on its own like before. Received phone call later that evening, it in fact did NOT quit and has now caused the alarm to go off. And by the time we made it home the next evening had completely drained the battery. What’s yalls idea with this? PCM? Bad ground? Exposed wire? I’m stumped. I’m generally pretty good with this stuff but starting to doubt my self now
Mine did this when the sunroof drain tubes were clogged and water was getting into the wiring and interior fuse box area. It happened badly when it was raining then quit once dry.

I got a lot of electrical Gremlins now due to that happening for a while before I discovered and fixed the leak.

Quick Reply: Ignition off clicking noise