2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

2007 Dodge Durango P0507

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2019, 09:00 PM
Stephen Molzon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Dodge Durango P0507

Looking for a little help or guidance with the P0507 code. So just as a recap I was driving my wifes car (the 2007 Durango) on the highway and everything was going fine. Her car is used locally only and she never really gets it out there to "open it up" so to speak. Anyway hit roughly 70-75 mph when the gas pedal just went limp the service engine light came on and the transmission must have put itself in safe mode and it would not allow me to accelerate. I pulled off to the side of the road shut the car off, re-started it at which point it drover perfectly fine all the way back to the house (service engine light still on). I brought it into the shop the next day turns out the air intake manifold was cracked. Had it replaced drove perfectly fine for roughly 3 miles then the service engine light pops back on same code P0507RpMs higher than expected. Back to the shop we go and the air intake sensor was bad had that replaced leave the lot a day later light flips back on same code. Now the problems Im having are an extremely high idle when first started but seems to taper off once warmed up, transmission either is slipping when driving or the RPM's are just jolting on there own making it feel as though the transmission is just shifting up and down on its own, also when in reverse it some times switches to neutral on its own. The car has 80,000 miles and prior to this had no issues and has had a new alternator and battery put in the previous year. Trying to figure out what could be causing this code to continue popping up. Any one have any thoughts or have had a similar situation?

Old 04-30-2019, 09:02 PM
Stephen Molzon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had a similar problem with my ford f150 caused by the trans-range sensor. Could it be that or the trans position sensor causing it? Or is this issue based in the throttle body and or related wiring?

Quick Reply: 2007 Dodge Durango P0507