2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

Runs rough at operating temp

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2020, 12:57 PM
Chad Aho
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Runs rough at operating temp

2004 Dodge Durango slt 5.7 Hemi AWD
A bit of history, Bought the truck cheap when I badly needed a car. Ran rough and i discovered the previous mechanic had the spark plugs all hosed up. The cats are removed(both). New fuel pump, egr valve, evap purge valve, plugs, wires. driving home it started to run really rough, bucking and then clearing up, bucking and clearing again, wants to stall at a stop and when starting to go, its like the transmission wont engage correctly. discovered the rear o2 senor had somehow worn thru the harness on the front drive shaft so i disconnected it to prevent computer damage from a short. gives 2 sets of codes, o2 sensor bank codes, missing cats and 1 disconnected, and evap leak codes. What I am wondering is will replacing the 02 sensors alleviate this issue? I did notice driving it with a scanner plugged in that the bucking coincided with erratic opening and closing of the egr valve. I was gonna put new exhaust on once i was sure I had it running right then corona happened. Now I am short on money but will need this to get back to work. any help would be appreciated. BTW, i did compression test it, was fine. mechanically, it seems fine. this seems like an electronic issue with a sensor or combination of sensors. I am just not sure how to proceed and cant presently afford a mechanic.

Quick Reply: Runs rough at operating temp