2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

07 DD driver side power seat controller issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2022, 09:46 PM
VLKirkpatrick
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 DD driver side power seat controller issue

New to me 07 DD 4WD Limited. Driver side power seat will move forward and back when using the side power switches. Nothing else. When I unlock the vehicle, the programmed memory for driver 1 & 2 will adjust the seat, it raises the back up, leans the back of seat back a little and moves it forward. I'm a large and tall woman.... this positioning does not work for me!! LOL!!
If I press the driver 1 button and halt the process after it tilts the seat back towards the back a little but before it raises the seat, I can then move it backwards and it's an OK position for driving. But it's not great.
The cowl is all busted up but I can replace it, no problem there. I see the controller laying on the floor and a plug hanging out with no place to plug it into. Under the seat there are open plugs, but nothing that one lone plug will fit. The wires connecting the controller are small and thin and few. And a couple of those look to be almost ready to break in half.
So, does anyone have any answers to this problem? Should that one plug be plugged in somewhere? Do I just need to replace the controller? I don't know where to start.
I have my previous 07 DD that was totaled because I hit a deer. I can take the seat controller from that one maybe because it was working perfectly and they are the same vehicle besides a few options? I am going to take the seat cowl from the previous DD and swap it over for both front seats. I also asked a previous question about swapping the passenger seat foam and cover to the driver side. I just need to get the controls working so I can adjust it more comfortably.
Any one have ideas or suggestions?

Apologies for the less than great photos. The day got a way from me and I haven't adjusted to the time change, so the sun went down before I knew it! I can probably get better photos tomorrow. And photos of the other open plugs underneath if needed.
Thanks!

Driver side power seat controller-notice bare wire showing and only three wires total?

Lonely plug with no where to go. Front power driver seat.

Old 11-27-2022, 07:36 PM
VLKirkpatrick
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New driver seat power harness

I ordered a new wiring harness from Mopar Parts Giant. Part number 68003197AA. Total including shipping $67.23. Ordered on 11/17, delivered on 11/25.

Everything works perfectly. I accidentally switched the front up/down & back up/down plugs. Didn't realize this until it was all bolted back in and I decided I could live with it because I was ready to be done. Otherwise it's all perfect and I'm thrilled! I had forgotten how far back the seat should be for comfort! I can finally drive with enough leg room!!

Quick Reply: 07 DD driver side power seat controller issue