2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

check engine light with cold air intake

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 01:10 PM
therick
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default check engine light with cold air intake

I have an '04 Durango Limited with a Hemi 5.7L and have recently installed a K&N cold air intake system (about a week ago). Last night, the check-engine light came on. Has anybody else had this problem? Should I take it to the dealer to have them hook it up to the computer? This is the first time the light has come on since I bought the vehicle (I bought it brand new), and I've never had any problems with it whatsoever. I went to the K&N website and they said to disconnect the battery for about 15 minutes, which I did, and the light went off. Does this fix the problem? Will the light come back on after another few hundred miles?

Old 05-10-2006, 04:10 PM
MoparMax
Rookie
Default RE: check engine light with cold air intake

therick...I can't help you with your problem, but I am interested in a K @ N cold air kit. Have you noticed much improvement in power and gas mileage. Is the motor any louder and was it very hard to install?? I hope someone on here can give you some help. Thanks!

Old 05-10-2006, 06:02 PM
therick
Default RE: check engine light with cold air intake

Yes, I have noticed a definite increase in power with the air intake...from a dead stop as well as in "passing" gear (it'll shoot from 70-75 on up to triple digits in no time at all). And when you step on it, the motor really roars (NOW it sounds like a V-8!). As far as gas mileage, probably too early to tell, but I'd say 1 1/2 to 2 more MPG, which amounts to about a 10% gain (might not seem like much, but at $3.60/gallon here in California, it adds up). The intake was surprisingly easy to install...took about 45 minutes or so. My commendations to the folks at K&N for very easy-to-follow directions with pictures.

Quick Reply: check engine light with cold air intake