2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

Replacement key

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 05:14 PM
comj
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Replacement key

I just ordered one for my Durango. from keylessride.com for $135 includes shipping, but does not include programming. Local dealer wants $199.00 + tax + programming fees. Hope this helps.

Old 08-28-2007, 11:07 PM
dishdude2k
Captain

yall are gettin jacked.. find a local locksmith with a drbIII tool.. they almost ALWAYS do it for cheaper.. alot cheaper

Old 09-15-2007, 11:53 PM
dawg1818

I just bought a 2004 Durango. Bought two Strattec keys with transducer off e-bay. I thought I could program them using the instructions in the owner's manual. But neither key would program to the vehicle. Do I need DRB III ? Did I buy the wrong key ?

Old 08-31-2014, 06:41 PM
mcquarrie auto sales

We didn't have any keys at all. $ 275.00 - $ 300.00 just had it done. It is supposed to include programing. But my 2004 Dodge Durango would not accept the factory code.

Last edited by mcquarrie auto sales; 08-31-2014 at 06:45 PM.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:09 PM
n8ech
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys:
After not being able to program additional keys for my 04 Durango with the Sentry system, I found out that a number of the early 04 Durangos came from the factory with an RKE module that will not allow programming via the ignition procedure in the owners book.
If you do not have the Sentry system, you can get your keys cut all day long and go to town. If you have the Sentry system as mine does, you SHOULD be able to program additional keys with the built in remote OR the plain gray headed key as long as you have 2 other keys.
I purchased a number of the gray headed transponder keys, and was not able to program them myself ostensibly due to the defective RKE module.

The wife's 05 Grand Caravan also had the Sentry system, and I programmed at least one gray headed key to use as a spare in case I wanted to leave it running and locked up.

Don

Old 05-25-2017, 08:11 PM
Chivaloca

Originally Posted by jasonwyo
Luckily we found her set of keys! I did call the dealer about prices. For the Keyless only key it cost $62. If you durango has the sentry guard system the key still cost $62 plus an additional $40 fee to program the chip. Just so everyone know, I was able to get a copy cut of my keyless entry key and it works just fine. Obviously I don't have the sentry guard system on my durango.

Do you mind? which city do you live? the cost of the key is inexpensive to me, if you tell me the name of the dealer to order my, I can get it program here in my town

Old 06-17-2017, 08:53 PM
Larry Stevens

My '07 Key took a crap and I didn't have a spare. I do have the Sentry system.

The part numbers will match up to an Amazon key I ordered this one for my '07:

Amazon Amazon

It says it won't fit my '07 now, but it works. I paid $128 I think for a local locksmith to come "ON SITE", cut the key based on the VIN because I had completely lost my other key at this point (it was in two pieces and I was having to use both pieces together to start the vehicle) and program it completely.

That key hasn't failed me since.

Quick Reply: Replacement key