2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

Out of Control on Ice !

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 01:27 AM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Out of Control on Ice !

Mike, I know you were asking about the MSD, etc but your's shouldn't have it.

You say you don't need drivng instructions, but alas it was up hill and on ice my friend. What else do you expect. I agree that is was most likely a bad spot of ice.

Since your D is still 'new'... if you think there are real drivability issues, I would suggest that you don't wait for an answer from a post here... get it right to the dealer for diags and a fix before you or someone else gets really hurt.

As for 4x4, sucks on ice as does everything. In snow, there is nothing better than 4x4... especially RWD, pleeze?!

Best of luck.

IndyD

Old 01-02-2007, 02:49 AM
apbtpetey
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Out of Control on Ice !

Okay I know I am new here and all, but I have to agree that your Durango shouldnt have the MDS if its a 2005. I resreached alot bfore buying my 2005 SLT hemi Durango and every place I looked said that the MDS wasnt availble in any version of the Durango for the 2005 year.

With that being said and with living in an area where snow/ice is common place this time of year, it sounds like you just started to slide on a patch of ice. Then when you went to correct it you over corrected some which is easy to do when you are talking about snow/ice and thats why your rear end moved around as much as it did. It doesnt take much for you to start sliding all over on any kind of ice and when you do anything can happen. I dont care if you have 2wd, awd, or 4wd nothing is good on ice of any type.

Not sure what you want people to say. Kind of sounds like you are looking for reasurrance in my driving ability or for people to say it was the Durangos fault some how, but it sounds like a simple case of you hitting a patch of ice with some slight over correction causeing the rear end to move around some to me

Quick Reply: Out of Control on Ice !