2nd Gen Intrepid 1998 through 2004 Intrepids

99 Intrepid, 2.7l..Stalls after highway driving, EGR code..need some help guys

Old 06-02-2008, 03:42 AM
nickleahy23
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 Intrepid, 2.7l..Stalls after highway driving, EGR code..need some help guys

Whats up guys? Just registered here but I need some help. My buddy has a 99 intrepid, 2.7L v6. The car runs great for the most part. Just did plugs, wires, and air filter. Ran some fuel system cleaner and such and it still has a problem. After highway driving it will stall at a stop sign, say on an off ramp. It starts right back up though. The other night it threw a code. Went to autozone and all he said was it was something with the EGR valve/system, Any Ideas on exactly what could be happening? Is it just a bad valve? How big of a job is it to change one? could it be a bad vaccum hose or something related to that? All ive ever worked on is my Chevy truck so im new to the dodge scene. Thanks for the help guys.

Old 06-02-2008, 11:32 PM
kurts2
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 99 Intrepid, 2.7l..Stalls after highway driving, EGR code..need some help guys

On any frame an EGR can cause a stall! If the darn thing is sticking or slow, when you come off high RPM's (if sticking), you can starve the engine from enough fresh air.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 99 Intrepid, 2.7l..Stalls after highway driving, EGR code..need some help guys