2nd Gen Intrepid 1998 through 2004 Intrepids

Error codes P1684 and P0700

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 11:50 AM
Richthefactor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 dodge intrepid

my engine lights on with code p0700 and i also noticed that most the time the "PRND123" lights are all on when it's P or N not all the time but most of the time, is this a good reason for p0700 code to be on and if so what needs to be replaced?

Old 04-02-2012, 02:02 PM
peteo

I have a Chrysler 2000 300M with error codes P0700 and P1684. I don't have 1st gear but 2,3,4th gears work fine. The dealer says they scanned it and got codes 1775, 1790, and 1776. And they want to replace the valve body and solenoid pack for $1400. I don't have any trust in this dealership, is it worth taking it elsewhere or does the repair cost fit the error codes?
Thanks

Last edited by peteo; 04-02-2012 at 02:43 PM.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:07 PM
mrfellow3
Default are the "P N D 1 2 3" all have a highlighted box around them. if your car is in park

Originally Posted by mlkmgr
P0700 is simply a generic fault code from the tcm (transmission control module). it does not indicate the need to replace sensors (although it does fix it on occasion).
i believe the problem lies somewhere in the electrical system. "The car stalled a few times on our drive home and the inside lights went dim." This points that power was lost. a speed sensor will only disable your speedometer depending upon whether it is the input or output sensor.
another question, does the speedometer work? are the "P N D 1 2 3" all have a highlighted box around them. if your car is in park, there should only be a ring around the "P".
thats exactly whats going on with my dodge intrepid 2001 3.2 any suggestions?

Old 09-10-2014, 09:00 PM
ThefrankieWilliams
Default tcm has two plugs ins behind the drivers head light close to the long black fuse box

[QUOTE=vernc;1739998]The 8 to 9 Amp output was correct, so the lack of a readily available code reading is of no consequence. I found a rebuilt alternator and had it installed - voila!, problem solved. I'm still disturbed by the fact that sub-assembly component parts are nearly impossible to get anymore, forcing owners and small shops to install complete units at a much higher cost to the auto owners.

But then I'm from an earlier era when we pulled the starter solenoid out, slapped in a new contact disc, and had the customer on his way in an hour for only labor and $5 to $10 for parts. With an alternator, diode replacement was the same. But that was 30 years ago.

Old 09-10-2014, 09:22 PM
ThefrankieWilliams

Originally Posted by T hefrankie william s; 3 1948 23
[ QUOT E=vernc;173 9998] The 8 to t9 Amp output was correct, so the lack of a readily available code reading is of no consequence. I found a rebuilt alternator and had it installed - voila!, problem solved. I'm still disturbed by the fact that sub-assembly component parts are nearly impossible to get anymore, forcing owners and small shops to install complete units at a much higher cost to the auto owners.

But then I'm from an earlier era when we pulled the starter solenoid out, slapped in a new contact disc, and had the customer on his way in an hour for only labor and $5 to $10 for parts. With an alternator, diode replacement was the same. But that was 30 years ago.
...ok sorry I'm butting in look for the the smaller aluminum Box in front of the cpu is the tcm box behind the head light on the drivers side it's has two gray plug ins to the tcm box and unplug and plug over and over again at least 20 times un due the clips fount and back get a flat head screwdriverthat bends easy to get the clip in the back their's a lock like plastic clip in the middle of the plug end go's up to release the top one like the bottom plug end of the tcm release the back lock clip and the fount lock clip and pull out the top plug end that goes into the tcm in and out over and over again their may be dirt and rust on the silver tiny Holes the plug end looking a sponge With a lot of silver holes That goes into the tcm

Quick Reply: Error codes P1684 and P0700