2nd Gen Intrepid 1998 through 2004 Intrepids

99 Dodge Intrepid Misfire Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 09:34 PM
allbridylan05
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile 99 Dodge Intrepid Misfire Problem

About a month ago I had a no start issue. I traced it back to a no spark issue and then to a Crank Shaft Position Sensor. I replaced that sensor and checked all other sensors. The car will keep cranking when it is cold out. Eventually starting and then a slight misfire is detected when driving. Car will sometimes stall at a idle when in gear. The DTC are:
P0300B- Multiple Cylinder Misfire
P0340- No Cam Signal At PCM
P0432- 1/2 Catalytic Converter Efficiency
P1391- Intermittent Loss of CMP or CKP
I was told it could just be a catalyst. I was also told it could be a PCM.
If any help could be provided, please don't hesitate to let me know what you are thinking. Thank you!!

Old 04-14-2009, 08:16 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome to DF allbridy! Ill move this over to the Intrepid Section for better input! Good luck and I hope the peeps over there can help ya out Thanks for joining and enjoy!

Old 04-14-2009, 11:10 AM
kurts2
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd start with the cam sensor (sounds like its intermittent). The cam and crank sensors are tied together and the PCM sometimes has a hard time figuring out which or what it’s seeing. Because you have already changed the crank sensor (and a P0340 is the cam sensor), it's probably time to change the cam sensor to out as well. This can also cause the misfire problem you are having (and stalling).

As for the CAT, the bad news is driving with a misfire malfunction can degrade the CAT quickly. You may need to replace it soon.

Good luck, let me know,
Kurt

Quick Reply: 99 Dodge Intrepid Misfire Problem