2nd Gen Intrepid 1998 through 2004 Intrepids

puzzled

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 11:06 PM
Infinitiman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default puzzled

I have a 1998 Intrepid. Just recently i've experienced some issues. First is from the a/c, the compressor is still cycling on and off normally, however the controls for the a/c will not work. but the audio controls are still working. i'm more familiar with the Infinitis to where the audio and a/c controls are intergrated into one unit. i wasn't sure if it was the same. also i'm getting the SES, ABS, BRAKE, and AIR BAG lights on at the same time. I don't have a code reader, but i was wondering if all these MIL lights on at the same time meant something. ALSO... the turn signals and windows are inop as well. There is power to the hazard and to the power locks but no power to the main window switch or no power to the fuse when i test the switch. The controls for the wipers still work as well as the bright light switch, so i don't think it's a faulty switch. By the way, all this happend at the same time. ANY help would be greatly appreciated so i can solve these issues

Thanks!
Chris

Old 06-16-2009, 10:05 PM
kurts2
Record Breaker

Sounds like a BCM (body cont module) malfunction. Do the chimes and buzzers work? If so, it may indicate the BCM is up, but the PC1 bus wires broke. Of course check fuses and grounds before proceding.

Old 06-16-2009, 11:54 PM
Infinitiman

chimes and buzzers do work....

does the pc1 bus wire go to the main junction block under the hood? or to the sub-junction block on the side of the dash??

Old 06-17-2009, 06:29 PM
DESIREESAVENGER
Rookie

A bus problem won't take out the windows or turn signals. I would check the ignition switch. sounds like the bus is down cause the modules aren't getting powered up. If I had it in front of me I could fix it.

Quick Reply: puzzled