2nd Gen Intrepid 1998 through 2004 Intrepids

cylinder 4 misfire

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 10:39 PM
apoole82
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cylinder 4 misfire

we have a cylinder 4 misfire. we have changed all spark plugs, all fuel injectors and cyl 4s coil pack. we are takin the car to the dealer next week but we are racking our brains trying to figure out what else could be wrong... 98 dodge intrepid 3.2, changed o2 sensors in march and we have a flashing sometimes solid sometimes check engine light with cyl 4 misfire as the code. we took it to the shop last week and they told us we had a bad injector and so we changed all injectors still no change. shaking during idle and runs like complete crap. ran fine one hour and later that day check engine light was flashing. (literally).. need some ideas! HELP

Old 05-10-2013, 11:00 AM
KyleEskelson

I have an 04 3.5 intrepid and it is doing all the same things and I have replaced everything just like you. By chance did you every figure out what was wrong? I do not really want to dump a bunch more money in this car. Thanks

Old 05-11-2013, 09:30 AM
apoole82

It ended up being the computer. We replaced it with a refurb and have had not one single problem since. we still drive the car and it runs great.

Old 08-17-2013, 05:38 PM
Stikk

Originally Posted by apoole82
It ended up being the computer. We replaced it with a refurb and have had not one single problem since. we still drive the car and it runs great.
i had the pcm change along with all the other stuff too and still have the same problem any ideas

Quick Reply: cylinder 4 misfire