2nd Gen Intrepid 1998 through 2004 Intrepids

99 Intrepid Blower Control

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2004, 01:49 PM
lifttech
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 Intrepid Blower Control

New menber here. A couple of months ago our 99 Intrepid lost all but the highest speed for the a/c, heater blower motor. T/S and found an open in the resistor module. The open was created at what appears to be a thermal protection device in the resistor module itself. The thermal protector as I call it connects the resistors inline to the motor lead and high speed input that share simmilar lugs. I replaced it then not thinking much about it but a couple of weeks after replacing it went out again, same symptom. T/S again and the same device in the resistor module opened up again. I'm wondering if the blower motor is drawing to many amps and causing the resistor to overheat and hence my problem? Thanks for any help.

Brian

Old 06-23-2006, 12:35 PM
freddie rodriguez
Default RE: 99 Intrepid Blower Control

Hello There! This Is Freddie Rodriguez, And I Had A Simmular Problem With My 1998 Intrepid, And After Replacing The Resistor Located Under The Glove Compartment Five (5) Times, I Took It To An Auto Electric Shop, They Found That The Blower Motor Was Pulling Too Many Amps. You Are Right "TOO MANY AMPS." I Had Them Replace The Blower Motor, And My Problems Were Solved.

Old 06-23-2006, 12:37 PM
freddie rodriguez
Default RE: 99 Intrepid Blower Control

Hello There! This Is Freddie Rodriguez, And I Had A Simmular Problem With My 1998 Intrepid, And After Replacing The Resistor Located Under The Glove Compartment Five (5) Times, I Took It To An Auto Electric Shop, They Found That The Blower Motor Was Pulling Too Many Amps. You Are Right "TOO MANY AMPS." I Had Them Replace The Blower Motor, And My Problems Were Solved. Hope That This Will Help You.

Freddie <><

Quick Reply: 99 Intrepid Blower Control