2nd Gen Intrepid 1998 through 2004 Intrepids

2003 dodoge INT 2.7L, engine stalled out and wont start

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2014, 10:52 PM
abspider0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 dodoge INT 2.7L, engine stalled out and wont start

I have a 2003 dodge intrepid 2.7L. I just did a water pump replacement, and did all the gasket replacements from the head on up, and also the timing chain. after all that was done it drove and ran fine for about 40 miles total. when driving down the road I got a check engine light and the engine started running a little rough. after about ten feet the engine cut out and wouldn't start again. it cranks and acts like it wants to start, but it wont. also the CEL comes on and blinks ten times and then goes to a normal light but I am not receiving any codes from the computer. I checked the timing on the cams and crank and everything this still in time. any help on this matter would be great, cause now I am just lost on what to do next and where to diagnose.

Old 03-13-2014, 11:27 PM
abspider0

Ok think I got it figured out. I did a swap out on the crank sensor and it wants to start but I keep getting a grinding sound when trying to start. Looks like the drive plate is either broke or bent. Going to tear into it tomorrow. If that's not the problem. Then it could be the pcm cause it gets spark fuel and air. And that would be the only thing left. Will update tomorrow.

Old 03-17-2014, 12:13 PM
abspider0

Update. Did the drive wheel replacement. The old one was trashed and bent. Put it all back together and still the same thing is happening. Won't start and engine light blinks ten times when in the on position. Going to take apart the timing and see if it is something in there that is off. Ill update as I go. If anyone has had this issue I could really use some help.

Quick Reply: 2003 dodoge INT 2.7L, engine stalled out and wont start