2nd Gen Intrepid 1998 through 2004 Intrepids

foggy headlamps on 99 Intrepid

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 07:24 PM
kurts2
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: foggy headlamps on 99 Intrepid

The majority of the oxidiation seems to be on the outer surface. Maybe at late stages, the plastic will "rot" all the way through. When that happens, I will buy new lenses! As I said, I used the plastix stuff on my wifes car, and it made a great difference.
I just bought a product fromMeguiar's called "PlastX Clear Plastic Cleaner & Polish." I just bought it from Auto Zone for about five bucks, and used a few drops. Not a lot of hard scrubbing or reapplications, and now the lights look like new.
Let me know how you like (it if you try it).

Old 03-26-2007, 12:40 PM
HoustonDriver
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: foggy headlamps on 99 Intrepid

ORIGINAL: kurts2

The majority of the oxidiation seems to be on the outer surface. Maybe at late stages, the plastic will "rot" all the way through. When that happens, I will buy new lenses! As I said, I used the plastix stuff on my wifes car, and it made a great difference.
I just bought a product fromMeguiar's called "PlastX Clear Plastic Cleaner & Polish." I just bought it from Auto Zone for about five bucks, and used a few drops. Not a lot of hard scrubbing or reapplications, and now the lights look like new.
Let me know how you like (it if you try it).
Mine were pretty badly fogged and I'd say the PlastX took care of 75-80% of the problem. I polished them 3 times with it, but actually they got dramatically clearer on the first try and really didn't get visibly better on additional polishings. Very good product!

Quick Reply: foggy headlamps on 99 Intrepid