2nd Gen Intrepid 1998 through 2004 Intrepids

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 01:43 AM
spnaky
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.7

Here is my problem. My girlfriends dad gave me his 99 intrepid because his local shop said the motor was blown and he decided that after fighting with the dodge dealer, who was also a good frined... lol. he just let it sit for three years. well i got it home and my boss and i put her on the rack and changed the fluid, ya know the regular stuff for a car that has been sitting. well she ran good then all of a sudden the thing started knockin. well after work we pulled her into the shop and tore the motor down and discovered that one timing chain guide was in my oil pan and that i spun two bearings. ok so after this long story here is my question.... how workable is this 3.2/3.5 swap and/or what should i do. luckily i heard it start to tick and shut her down. there is no damage to the crank. the one bearing wasshot. the other one has some play. i was thinking about putting new bearings in a new water pump, the timing chain looks good with no signs of wear so i am up for opions on that, obviously new valve guides since the one now resides in a coffee can. also, i hear that the problem with oil sludge is the crankcase ventilation system. can someone inform me of the difference or anything.. also, any information i can recieve will ba appreciated because my aunt also has a 2000 with the 2.7 and its up there in mileage and i know its getting close to that time and am looking for options to help her out. finally, i hsve been informed that using 5w30 helps this issue. thanks again and sorry its so long.

Old 12-27-2006, 06:26 AM
HO35LH
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2.7

Change the engine. Replace with 3.2/5. WWW.DODGEINTREPID.NET for all the help you need.