2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

How do I manually close my sunroof?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 09:21 PM
dimbrogno
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I manually close my sunroof?

I have a 2000 Neon with an electric sunroof that will not close all the way. It opens fine. If I push on it (assist it) it will close all the way until it is ready to drop down into the roof. At that point, I hear a clicking noise and it will not shut. We are going to sell the car and will certainly tell the new buyer that the roof does not close properly, but I need to get it closed all the way so I can keep the rain out. Any help anyone can give is really appreciated! Thanks!

[IMG]local://upfiles/59828/573F351F9F1C4ECC9CF5C2F6772EDC74.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-02-2007, 12:09 AM
j_son600
Veteran
Default RE: How do I manually close my sunroof?

Mine has that problem and I had to just keep working at it for about an hour to get to close and havent opened it since. Not sure if it is a bad motor or what, good luck getting it closed.

Old 04-02-2007, 04:45 AM
snare_samn
Professional

Mine does the exact same thing. When I stop the car (after having the sunroof open) I hold down the close button for the roof and push the sunroof closed from the outside. When it gets the the part where it needs to go down, you just have to apply level pressure to both sides of the sunroof. I wish I knew how to fix the motor though, it gets annoying.

Old 04-02-2007, 12:59 PM
l_pillon
Professional

its cuz chrysler is notorious for the sunroof ..its the mechanism thats the problem
....its not a re call so they dont have to pay for it but ur lookin in excess of 600 bucks to fix it....it happened on my grandmas 2000 when we bought it brand new and chrysler only paid for half...its retarded....hopefully this helps fellas

Old 04-02-2007, 08:11 PM
dimbrogno

GREAT NEWS! Thanks to all of your suggestions (and a good amount of prayer!) we were able to get the sunroof to close. I will be sure to tell any potential buyers about the problem. Thanks again!

Old 04-03-2007, 12:20 AM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

this happened once on my srt, it wouldnt close all the way. i was dumb and had it open in triple figures, then tried closing it. i think the wind took it off track. very dumb, as i would have been pissed had itbroken or worse yet gotten ripped off. it just required a little finesse and pushing and it went back down the whole way. not a problem since

Quick Reply: How do I manually close my sunroof?