2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Lowering Question?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 12:46 PM
Biged83
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowering Question?

I was planning on getting a set of coilovers for the neon. and i was wondering if anyone has any idea if you lower it if there is problems with putting people in the car? will it bottom out? will tires rub? just a few worries of mine. i was just planning on lowering it about 1" because of a nasty driveway

Old 04-08-2007, 04:28 PM
neon03se
Record Breaker
Default RE: Lowering Question?

if you are gonna lower it, do NOT buy coilovers unless they are brand name complete sets. DO NOT buy them off ebay they are as big as those coils on a bicycle lol i'll try to get a pic up. I bought some and used them for a while, it was the worst ride ever, you feel every single imperfection in the road. you are better off lowering your car with actual lowering springs, I have never tried the ones off ebay but its probably best to avoid those also, they are more than likely poorly made and weak, your struts will go out eventually (sooner) no matter how much you lower it i think. and it depends how fat the people in your car are LOL jk, no but there is a good chance you will bottom out it all depends where your driving and all that. I have my car lowered about 2 inches all around and the roads here are horrible and my tires dont rub, i have 17s

Old 04-08-2007, 05:29 PM
Biged83
Captain

im gonna stick with the stock 15" rims for now the 3 main people in the car are fat..lol me being the biggest at 365..lol im planning on doing full coilovers. the "coilovers" on ebay arent real coilovers there just adjustable springs.

so its gonna be either i do the coilovers or i do 17" or 18" rims.

which raises another question. how well does 18s fit?

Old 04-08-2007, 10:12 PM
djmagic
Record Breaker

They fit fine in mine and I'm a big guy too. I was told that I'm able to lower it a inch with no problem. More than that, maybe.

Quick Reply: Lowering Question?