05 SXT Passenger Mirror/Door Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 09:50 PM
pcman
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 SXT Passenger Mirror/Door Problem

Actually I have two questions:
1. The passenger mirror on my car will only move left and right with the control on the driver door. What would one recommend to see if it is the mirror or the car?
2. The passenger window will roll up and down, but however at night neither the passenger window switch on the passenger side nor the passenger window switch on the drivers side light up so the occupants can see where to roll down the window. Is there a bulb in the switch that is replaceable?

Thanks for the answers.

Old 04-12-2007, 10:45 PM
spikeymikey87
Record Breaker
Default RE: 05 SXT Passenger Mirror/Door Problem

1) not entirely sure, i know there are separate wires for the up/down movement and the left/right movement. have you messed with the mirrors recently, maybe a wire came loose

2) they dont light up. stupid dodge put the little clear thing there to mess with you lol i was pissed when i first relised that they dontlight up, but maybe ill wire some bulbes into it some day. it will be a pain to do though

Old 04-12-2007, 11:08 PM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Default RE: 05 SXT Passenger Mirror/Door Problem

1. it sounds like a wiring issue, altough its possible its the electricmotor that moves it up and down.
2. if i recall the did light up on earlier models (ES), anyhow, like spikey said its just clear. im thinking for ease of production they made all the switches with the clear slit and only put the light underneath the driver's window. pretty gay, they should have spend the extra couple bucks for all of them to light.

Quick Reply: 05 SXT Passenger Mirror/Door Problem