2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Turbo Cooling

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 04:45 PM
Kapitald
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Turbo Cooling

hm.....well i know you can rig your fans to stay on constantly anyway without dealing with the AC....maybe yall are talking about the AC fan??? You could even run that constantly by rigging it up but you have to remember to turn them off when you turn your car off or you will kill your battery lol....

Old 04-16-2007, 05:19 PM
GrApHite03

First i'd like to applaud you and your friend for using you brains! I don't seem to find that much on the internet these days. Now what you say can be done with alot of time and money. Now if you want to be innovative and try it, i say go for it... although my best suggestion is to just buy a cryo kit and use co2 to do the same job. Alot cheaper and easier to install. Unless you plan to use the AC lines to adapt into the coolant lines on the turbo. That would be a bit different, but i would be worried about cooling too fast and cracking. This idea would just prolong the life of the turbo and not really be a power adder.

and "tooslow" you are right...

An innovative new SuperCooler, patented by John Coletti, director of SVT Programs, uses the air conditioning system to chill a small storage tank of coolant as an auxiliary to the supercharger's regular intercooler. When the pedal is put to the metal, SuperCooler is activated and provides up to 50 transient horsepower for short bursts of 30 to 45 seconds; it can regenerate in about two minutes. Look for this third-generation Lightning by late 2004, but probably with an automatic like the current truck.
k3v

Old 04-16-2007, 06:39 PM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

yeah, i have also hurd of it, but i just went with the cryogenic system as stated above, it works ok, but does cause boost spike...

Quick Reply: Turbo Cooling