2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Dual Exhaust Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 02:02 PM
Adionik
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dual Exhaust Question

I won an srt exhaust on ebay, should be getting here next week.

These freaking glasspacks are expensive if you have to order them online.

I can't find a 31' in my city.

Old 04-19-2007, 03:21 PM
SXTspeed
Veteran

Thrush glasspacks are expensive but i have heard they are good. I saw videos of a sxt with 25" thrush stainless steel glasspack. $99.89 or something like that.

Cherry bomb is $20-$40

Old 04-19-2007, 04:27 PM
AirWolf

Yeah mines not a cherrybomb its one of the nicer more expensive ones.

Old 04-19-2007, 06:07 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Ya know I still really would like to go with the full 3 inch srt-4 catback exhaust system on ebay but I am afraid that it will in fact lose power with such big piping and I definately am not running 300+ hp in the neon, but I don't want to just slap on the stock srt-4 pipe either, I want it to look nice and have some big tips that stay flush with the bumper. My vibrant is too weird looking, borla is too much, magnaflow isn't loud enough nor is the r/t set up, so I am in a pickle, plus I am already sad I am backtracking on the exhaust system anyways because I already put $350 into it as is, I just figure since I put all that money into the long tube header and 3 inch high flow cat, I mine as well complete this thing and make it nice looking, this is the exhaust I have been looking at on ebay, what do you guys think of the look? And am I going to be losing so much horsepower that it isn't worth getting? If it is only like 5-10 hp, I could care less, i'd rather sound and look nice anyways..thanks guys for your input so far too, it's been helpful!

.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...172&rd=1,1

Old 04-19-2007, 08:01 PM
AirWolf

You wont lose anypower if you go with a glasspack with the srt exhaust . I never did without one . I would get a srt exhaust and try it doesnt hurt much better lookin and soundin than the one you have on now .

Old 04-19-2007, 08:24 PM
Kapitald
Captain

I don't believe you will be losing horsepower...I think you will be gaining horsepower but actually LOSING torque because you will have virtually no backpressure....I believe that is correct. So your acceleration will feel slowed and launches will feel weaker...and around speeds of 90+ mph you might notice more power...I beleve this is correct.

Old 04-19-2007, 08:27 PM
AirWolf

The glasspack helps with the backpressure so you wont be losen anything and gaining some hp .

Old 04-19-2007, 08:56 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Alright sweet guys, yeah I think you are all right. I will probably run something like a 27" muffler somewhere in the midpipe to form some sort of backpressure as well as quite it down, I am so eager to get it done, but right now I am focused on getting the 17" rims on the car, I just need to be patient for two more days and then I can buy them on Saturday haha. It was funny though, I just got out of the carwash and then I pulled onto the road and then my eye were like sucked into my side view mirror because there was an orange srt-4 coming on my side. Round here in Maine Srt-4's are soo rare haha so it was exciting seeing him right on my side. He had this extra dark tinit with nice eyelids and some blue calipers, and his exhaust idled like a john deer tractor, and thats exactly the sound I want lol. But it's cool he gave me a courteousy wave, other than the srt-4s, Im confident I run one of the nicest smoothest modified neon around here in Portland. I try so hard to let everyone know she's not a regular neon but I don't put weird poptart stuff on it, it's just getting better and better, I am losing my lisence for 90 days in about 2 months so I am trying to get all this stuff put together so I can enjoy it before my pride is ripped away from me. By next week I'll have the 17" rims on, and then about 2 weeks later I should have the 3 inch stainless steel catback exhaust system put on the car, and hopefully I can get my white underglow kit installed as well before I have to endure this painful 90 days! If you guys want to check out my car heres my myspace link! Once again I would like to thank you guys for helping me out and I am really glad I joined the forum, see ya guys!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=83283484

Old 04-19-2007, 10:01 PM
AirWolf

Well looks like I have to be patient with gettin fully sponsored for 18inch rims and tires now they are next on my list after the bodykit is on maybe more would sponsor my ride after they see a bodykit place sponsored me fully . So my ride is pretty much on the mild side until the kit rims and tires and vertical doors are on . So I should of started with rims and tires before my exhaust and other exterior mods.Being Patient is the only way to go . Good luck with the rims and tires and your exhaust.

Old 04-19-2007, 10:55 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Hey thanks a lot! I wish I had a sponsor, I'm 17 and all my paycheck goes pretty much directly into my car for the past year, but your right, being patient is so key, time really pays off! I've done so much in such a short period of time, but it's hard reminding yourself of that, it can get very overwhelming, especially when money is low for modifations, can really drive you crazy, even more so for me knowing I am going to be losing my lisence so soon, I just want to get these things rolling so I can enjoy it before I am put through the worst hell lol!

Quick Reply: Dual Exhaust Question