Speeding tickets?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 01:39 PM
blackflame
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Speeding tickets?

[/quote]

I was pulled over another time and the officer said something along the lines of, "These things (my R/T) are pretty rare...and if I ever catch you going 1mph over the speed limit you'll regrett it because I clean up this **** every day"....

[/quote]

Wow...That is so incredibly lame. Seriously...thats not right. like...90% of the cars out there can do atleast 90mph. So whats the difference if yours can looks cool and is going 90mph? I just had a Honda mini van pass me going 75mph(I knew because I caught up :P) on a 35...just cause your car is way more cool than all the cop cars out there doesn't mean you should get a ticket for +1mph :P.

So yeah...I usually don't speed. Sometimes I do on open roads where I can see everything. BUT I always love accelerating fast. If its 45mph then let let my engine scream in first. Hear some of it in second and just let off the gas at 55mph and let it coast in neutral. I like to try to be easy on the gas after I dump it into my engine. It always so funny. On a light I totally lose all the cars that were behind me and then like 30 seconds later they are riding my tail wanting to go 10 over the speed limit haha.

oh yeah..I have never EVER gotten a ticket.

Old 04-25-2007, 02:32 PM
Adionik
Champion

You can get a ticket for being on the cell?

I'm ALWAYS texting and talking.

>_>

Old 04-25-2007, 03:45 PM
blackflame
Captain

I know most cities in Ohio let you talk on the phone. Some don't though. I use a bluetooth headset because its kind of hard to shift and use a phone at the same time. My hair covers the headset up so I can't really get caught with it. Texting...I don't even want to try that while driving.

Old 04-25-2007, 05:16 PM
Kapitald
Captain

lol mike ur funny....Ive gotten pletny of tickets when i had my 300zx 5speed turbo....however, only one speeding ticket...the others were for burning out or...barking 2nd gear.....my speeding ticket i got in my white 05 auto sxt and was racing a honda uphill....the honda started two or three car lengths ahead of me and i was starting to gain back at around 65 (I probably wouldve let off after i passed the honda but it had the car lengths on me) seems how I just couldnt pass her immediately I stayed on the throttle going uphill when right at the top a cop came over the other side...total bummer.....talk about ruining your day...I was gonna run for it knowing he would get the honda cuz its slower but then I thought he might get my tag # and call it in so i just pulled over with the honda...he wrote me for 70 in a 55 bc i was nice and pulled over..but he said i was well over 70...

Old 04-25-2007, 05:18 PM
Kapitald
Captain

that also reminds me of a time i was racing a blazer...the cop was kool and said he remembered what it was like being young and let us go...but anyway the cop radared him at 80 i think and then we asked how fast I was going and he said he couldnt radar me bc i was so fast..LOL...oh funny...here recently ive slowed down a bit just bc i dont have the money for tickets lol....if i was rich i would speed everywhere

Old 04-25-2007, 05:41 PM
mike9fore
Veteran

54 in a 35...leaving work at 10:30 at night.....it was a $275 fine!

Old 04-25-2007, 06:17 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: mike9fore

54 in a 35...leaving work at 10:30 at night.....it was a $275 fine!
Damn that sucks...here in Ohio if its your first offense and as long as its not more than 20mph over the speed limit, the fine is only $90.

Old 04-25-2007, 06:34 PM
blackflame
Captain

Yeah, ohio rocks for that. My mom got pulled over for doing 56 in a 35 and hers was only 110.

Old 04-26-2007, 02:36 AM
ek2588
Veteran

well i have to admit i have a lead foot. I cruise at about 70-75, i normally dont go over 90 unless i got "the need for speed" Ive beenstopped twice by the police. The first time i was clocked for doing 60 in a 40. He gave me a warning for speeding but gave me a ticket for not having my registration. 2nd time i was on my way home and made a sharp left turn, wheels schreeching, i look in my rear view mirror and a unmarked car lights me up and signals me to pull over. lol u no that feeling u get when there walking over to ur car and ur like Oh sh*t im f*cking screwed. The police looks me and says "y r you so nervouse where stoping you for ur tint...." I also learned a valuable lesson that day "NEVER OPEN your door " unless they tell u to lol

Old 04-26-2007, 04:17 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

Well for whatever reason the cops DIG my car. I just got a ticket a month or so ago for doing 10 over. I was basically just going with the flow of traffic with about half a dozen cars (mostly suvs and trucks) in front of me going slightly faster then me and I saw a cop on the side of the road up ahead. He pulls onto the highway from a side road. And got behind me and trailed me for about 2 miles, everyone obviously slowed down. I know as soon as he was just cruising behind me for a bit that he was going to pull me over. And of course he pulled me over because 1.) I'm not lucky at all 2.) apparently he must have liked my car 3.) my car probably stood out the most because I had my hids on. I was really pissed about it, but I was speeding so I should be pissed at myself. But I find it some serious bull**** that he only got me, should have got someone in front of me, they were going faster. Or at least pulled everyone over. I know thats not really possible, but it would have at least made me feel better about it. And I know the speech...you don't want tickets, don't speed. Blah blah blah. I know the whole speel. I don't speed that often because the insurance is more costly then the tickets are, but I make a mistake every now and then. Oh well...lifes a bitch. I move on.

Quick Reply: Speeding tickets?