2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Speeding tickets?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 03:41 AM
neon chic
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Speeding tickets?

i seem to be invisible in this car i fly by cops doin at least 20 over all the time... they still dont even notice me with silver fade lol its great i did get 64 in a 40 but that was in my old accord

Old 04-27-2007, 07:31 PM
dragon8master
Professional

I have been lucky not to get caught speeding more than I have. My record will be cleared (3 yr history in MD) in about 2 months. At one point I had like 6 points; I've paid probably over $500-$600 in tickets and court costs. When I got that last ticket, I had to go take a class. But, my real story...about 7 years ago, I got a 1995 Dodge Avenger. [sm=badbadbad.gif] Talk about Hell on wheels! The fastest I ever got clocked was 72 I think, in a 55. But I did 146 in that car once. I did 130+ several times. I'm almost ashamed to say that one of those was with 4 other people in the car, but the oldest one complemented how well I handled the car at speed, she was probably in her late 20's/early 30's.I spent about 10-15 minutes on the interstate every other weekend doing 110-120+. I used to do 80-90 at least once every other day. What can I say, SPEED IS MORE ADDICTIVE THAN CRACK! Of course, I've never done crack, so what do I know.

Since the last ticket I got almost 3 years ago, I've gotten 2 warnings(going about 10 over both times. I haven't gone over about 85 and that was on the interstate, when I was running late for an appointment. I HATE being late. And all that really excessive speeding I used to do wasn't on any long straights. I love to go fast around turns. You know those yellow advisory speed sign for turns? I used to play a game where I'd try to take the turn at double the advised speed.

Oh, and I wrecked that Avenger one morning going around a turn about 90 or so. The rear tires got ahold of some gravel and I couldn't straighten it out. I slid off the road and hit a little ditch line perfectly sideways, which rolled the car on it's top. I'm really lucky to be alive, because that was the one time I didn't take the time to put my seatbelt on. I walked away without a scratch. And that might not have happened if I'd known then what I know about tires now. Thinking back, I had 195/70R14 cheapos on skinny stock steel wheels. Actually the car was completely stock, other than the stereo system. And those tires were only rated for 112 mph. I made 'em go 146! Damn, that was dumb. But, I didn't know any better at the time. I also didn't think about checking tire pressure on a regular basis either, which probably was the primary cause of totaling that car.

Well, sorry for the novel. But unless I missed something in what I read above here, it looks like I used to be the dumbest one of us. Congrats to me for growing up a little bit!

Old 04-27-2007, 07:37 PM
dragon8master
Professional

Oh, and I've also been involved in 2 street races, one point-to-point and one drag race. I'm 2/2! I beat an older cavalier (with a V6), the drag race;and a late 90s cavalier, the point to point race; both with the '95 neon that I had before I got the Avenger. It was also just a stock car.

Old 04-28-2007, 04:11 AM
djmagic
Record Breaker

92 in a 65. Don't speed that bad anymore, just like ten over

Old 04-28-2007, 04:38 AM
Captain Squalus
Record Breaker

107 over the limit in a 55 zone back in the 60's

Old 04-28-2007, 05:51 AM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

ORIGINAL: Captain Squalus

mother of god

Old 04-28-2007, 12:33 PM
mike9fore
Veteran

ORIGINAL: 03neonRT

ORIGINAL: mike9fore

54 in a 35...leaving work at 10:30 at night.....it was a $275 fine!
Damn that sucks...here in Ohio if its your first offense and as long as its not more than 20mph over the speed limit, the fine is only $90.

Yea but, what pissed me off 1 point on my license and he ran his down the side of my car....I wasn't to see that crap!

Old 04-28-2007, 08:43 PM
Captain Squalus
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: flamingpinhead

ORIGINAL: Captain Squalus

mother of god
No she wasn't, She was just a hot looking p**k teasing blond in a Ferrari that I was chaseing.

Quick Reply: Speeding tickets?