2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

? on stock radio plug/wiring?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 02:27 AM
Pablodragon
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? on stock radio plug/wiring?

Sorry, maybe long read...here's my trouble....

looking for a stock chrysler radio plug for, I beleive, the 2003 and up stock radio.
Not looking for the female adapter so I can use an aftermarket radio... need the stock male plug that plugs into the back of the stock radio. Seems all that's all over evil-bay are the aftermarket adapter types.

Replaced my Neon's radio/cassette with a radio/CD.. so obviously, I just unplugged the old and plugged in the new...now I have a cassatte play with no wiring. My wife drives an old 96 Caravn that she loves , but the radio/cassete in it is pretty well gone, cassette no work-y. Thought I could cram my Neon's cassette player in there, adapt the mounting, but the 96 chrysler plug is (I guessing) different than the plug for the 2003 and up radios. My car stereo friend says the color coding on the wires should be the same, so I just want to cut off the old plug and splice on the new.

Anyone know where to find one? Still searching for Junk yards, none close to me, but would they have these or let me just cut one out of a car? ..or maybe someone hase one laying around?

Old 04-23-2007, 02:55 AM
contagious19
Champion
Default RE: ? on stock radio plug/wiring?

i have my stock stereo wit da wires in my garage.

Old 04-23-2007, 02:37 PM
Pablodragon
All Star

says in yer sig u got a 2000 Neon... so is that stock radio the square edge one (mid 90's up to ?) or is it the one with the round edges (? up to 2005)....don't kno what year the transition occured...

and would you be willing to unplug those wires and could I get them from you?

Old 04-23-2007, 02:41 PM
AirWolf

I have my 04 stock stereo out in the garage also. I could see you the part you need pretty cheap. Will never go back to my stocker anyways.

Old 04-24-2007, 01:14 AM
Pablodragon
All Star

thanx to Airwolf for the help, but I decided to abandon the project... had the Caravan dash apart, and was comparing the 2 radios...just too many differences...too much cutting and mods to get it to work.... stupid antenna plug isn't even the same! [:'(]

Quick Reply: ? on stock radio plug/wiring?