2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

REMINDER TO EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 06:18 PM
spikeymikey87
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REMINDER TO EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM

ok kids ive come to notice that this forum is begining to become n e o n s . o r g and srtforums.com. people will ask a simple question and it will get shot down, and then everyone will gang up on that one person and tell they how stupid they are and how they shouldnt have this car and call them a ricer and crap like that. also, there are a lot of people here with huge post counts, but have not contributed crap. now i'l all for if someone has posted a picture of their car, and you leave a comment, or leave comments and sidenotes asd stuff, but most people have been bickering over stupid things, and saying stupid things. i like the community here, because it is mostly friendly, and there are a few of us that heve been here for a while, and know and respect eachother. i like this forum and i just dont want to see it turn into n e o n s . o r g where every question is answered with use the search button and then is followed by 2 pages of people calling them an idiot. i know the internet is cool and all and that what i'm saying right now ccan have little or no effect on you, and since i am no mod, i can't really do anything to you, but just think before you post up crap please.

-mike

Old 04-24-2007, 06:41 PM
gabo
Default RE: REMINDER TO EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM

my heart is been touched.. agreed.

Old 04-24-2007, 07:02 PM
GrApHite03

ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer... doesn't matter what forum your on. Do you really think that last question was a good one.

This scene is littered with young kids that think its cool to rev their cars out and burnout in the local hang out spots. The faster we kill this breed the better for the rest of us.

I have no patients for stupid people... Ask me a legitimate question and i'll be happy to spill my knowledge for you.

k3v

Old 04-24-2007, 07:04 PM
Biged83
Captain

i feel the same as Graphite but from now on i will be just ignoring the stupid questions and trying to answer them more professionally.

Old 04-24-2007, 07:11 PM
neon03se
Record Breaker

maybe a stupid question to you is not a stupid question to others. i also like this forum as all the people are pretty much friendly and its almost always easy to get pretty good advice and answers. this is a place i can come to, to get more educated on my car and meet new people with the same interest i have. everyone deserves respect and there is no reason to "hate" on someone. Every person is different in their own way, who are any of us to tell them what they can and can't do. if they have a question give a valid answer otherwise don't answer at all. all questions are good questions as they help everyone in this forum learn more. "ricer" or not who cares, everyone is entitled to be unique

Old 04-24-2007, 07:24 PM
NHARINTON
Record Breaker

If it was me "i sorry"

anyways spiky you are right their has been alot of nasty comments latly!! You may not be a mod.... but you "the noen gods" right hand man!!

Old 04-24-2007, 07:28 PM
Biged83
Captain

i will say i have learned alot from you guys. i have been more korean and swedish cars. so i didnt know to much about the good ol dodge neons. i must thank all of you

Old 04-24-2007, 07:30 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

I agree with both Mike and Graphite on this subject. Your on a public forum, there are many different kinds of people on here and a stupid question to one person may not be a stupid question to another. Just like a noob question wont be a noob question to a forum veteran. I do not mind answering the same question over and over, because this forum is not only a place for Neon owners to come to and talk to each other, but its a place for leanring as well. That being said, some people can get annoyed by seeing the same questions voer and over, and to those people, I would ask, if you cant add anything constructive to the thread, then simply dont post a reply.

Everyone was young (and stupid) at one point or another, everyone does stupid things, thats part of growing up. However, if your doing something stupid or foolish, you have to be prepared to get a pounding from the older more experienced members. We cant baby everyone, and sometimes the truth hurts, no matter how harsh it is. Are there better ways to say your being stupid? Sure. But thats just something we have to deal with on a more personal level.

As a Moderator I will not censor or delete posts when one member calls out another member about something stupid they do. If the calling out turns into personal attacks or goes out of hand, then something will be done about the situation. However, I have not seen any situations recently where such action is required.

I, like many others on here, cannot be logged on 24/7, so if anyone does witness anything they feel is uncalled for or innapropriate, I would ask them to PM me and I will look into it as soon as I can.

Old 04-24-2007, 07:50 PM
neon03se
Record Breaker

the NEON GOD has spoken LOL. good point RT!

Old 04-24-2007, 08:35 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

Mike...do you visit either forum frequently? I can tell you for a fact this place is no where near the level of immaturity that is shown on that site. If you post anything that has been asked before you get ridiculed. Or something that is different they will all laugh at you. I don't really visit those sites that much anymore but I used to pretty much just lurk on those sites because of the abundance of info. Most of which you have to take with a grain of salt because a lot of it is not legit. I generally respond to things I know or have dealt with personally as I would rather not go on someone elses word. As for the thread that you made this post for...I could have most certainly worded my response in a different manner. But I didn't really feel like wording it differently (censoring) because to me it was such a self explanitory answer and obviously the thread starter didn't care to heed anyones advice. Bottom line..if you can't take all the different responses people will give you then don't post in the first place. Just don't take peoples responses too seriously or else you'll end up making a thread like this asking people to chill out.

Quick Reply: REMINDER TO EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM