2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Car Sponsorships

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 12:19 AM
night709
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Car Sponsorships

LOL, think they might get a little mad at you for doing that.

Old 04-26-2007, 12:23 AM
Biged83
Captain

nope cause at a car show just have the hood open

Old 04-26-2007, 12:47 AM
night709
Veteran

Well, I will take picture of my car when I get home and post it on here and see what you guys think. I want to take it to shows and all that but it would be hard with trying to get my car finished.

Old 04-26-2007, 04:26 AM
neon03se
Record Breaker

well to me if you want sponsorship from anywhere, your gonna have to get out there and do some work. its not like its gonna come without any work (would be nice though). one bad thing is that the place they send you for your body kits only has two (R34 and EVO). i personally don't like either but will try to get other parts as they do have a pretty good selection. Airwolf, how do the Quasi-sponsorships work?

Old 04-26-2007, 02:19 PM
AirWolf

I dont know since Im only doing the full for my 18inch rims and tires and vertical doors . But I may pay half for speakers and amp and car alarm since those are so cheap. You just pay the half price and if you when a trophy at a show you get your money back. I love the evo5 full kit better than the r34 one more wild for my taste. I have no problem with puttin any of my sponsors decals on my ride at least I can do with them givin me free big parts like bodykit, rims and tires and vertical doors. if you put them all in one place nicely the decals than it doesnt look bad plus great for carshows.

Old 04-26-2007, 03:10 PM
ek2588
Veteran

Getting a sponsorship sounds tight but the idea of putting on flashy body kits and stickers doesnt settle right to me. (i go for a more clean look)Also it seemslike they take away the freedom of styling the car the way ud want to. I dont much about sponsers so i could be absolutely wrong.If a sponser could get me a discount on a r/t front bumper and srt-4 side skirts and rear id def join.

Old 04-26-2007, 04:45 PM
Biged83
Captain

hey ek2588 go check out mimosua.com see if there is anything you like on there

Old 04-26-2007, 06:54 PM
blocks885
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Biged83

nope cause at a car show just have the hood open
Well the thing is, with carsponsorships.com, you have to post a picture of the product installed as well as, a picture of the decals being displayed... This is direct from the website, this is part of the agreement...Some sponsors only ask for 1 decal be placed.

1. Apply a minimum of (2) 8 inch decals on your car (provided by sponsor when product is delivered)
2. Install sponsor product yourself or have it professionally installed. Must be a clean install.
3. A minimum of 2 pictures showing product installed and decals on the car must be uploaded to your CarSponsors.com profile within 30 days of install.
4. Sponsorship period runs for 12 months from the date of your contract acceptance.
5. This Sponsorship qualifies for the
RPM Program (Full Reimbursement)
6. SPONSORSHIP CONTRACT IS CONFIDENTIAL! - Do not share with anyone or contract WILL be cancelled.
7. Any product or sponsorship questions must be addressed to CarSponsorships.com Staff.

Under the "additional agreements" reads this:
(6) A minimum of two (2)(Sponsorshipname goes here)decals (supplied by Sponsor WHEN KIT IS SENT TO YOU) must remain on sponsored vehicle, in a highly visible location throughout the duration of the sponsorship.

Old 04-26-2007, 07:02 PM
SXT2nr

ORIGINAL: neon03se

well to me if you want sponsorship from anywhere, your gonna have to get out there and do some work. its not like its gonna come without any work (would be nice though). one bad thing is that the place they send you for your body kits only has two (R34 and EVO). i personally don't like either but will try to get other parts as they do have a pretty good selection. Airwolf, how do the Quasi-sponsorships work?
Excellent response. Totally agree here. Having been sponsored by some of the biggest companies out there I can tell you that it is very hard to get a 'real' sponsorship. To give you an idea we were sponsored by the following companies: Audiobahn, TYC, Autotechnica, Katzkin to name a few. It wasn't easy getting these sponsorships - took alot of work on my part. First thing you need to do is make up a portfolio about your car. Your portfolio should include but not limited to:

- A detailed description of your car
- Ownership information
- Color photos
- Vehicle appearance schedule (events/shows/exhibits)
- Previous and planned Media coverage (magazine/TV/Internet)
- What are you looking to get from your sponsor? Ie. Parts, tools, etc.

Here are some things to think about:

- You willing to put sponsors logo on your car if they require it?
- Willing to go to certain shows for your sponsor?
- Willing to travel far distances?

What I've found is that you need to hit alot of the major shows (ie. HIN, Import Life Tour, Street Dreams, Autoxatcy, etc).

Another thing is that you have to be willing to travel. Sponsors use you to promote their product, if your just hanging around your town going to Billie bob's car show - its not gonna do a major sponsor that good. For instance, for the 2004 show season our schedule had us going to shows in Chicago (IL), Detriot (MI), Windsor (canada), Toronto (canada), Norwalk (OH), Carlisle/Harrisburg (PA), Atlanta (GA). So you see - we're not just hitting shows in our home area but we're also going out of state.

Don't get disappointed about this, this is a very long process. Outta 10 sent proposals 1 might get back to you and that could possibly not work out anyways. Just don't give up , there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Good luck to all of you on trying to get Sponsored. Its alot harder now-a-days as the competition has really kicked it up a notch. BTW, here are pictures of the Neon: https://dodgeforum.com/albumphoto.as...amp;sortType=9

Later!

Old 04-26-2007, 09:14 PM
AirWolf

Yeah it takes alot of work to get sponsored fully for the items I want but its workin out pretty well for me I actually cant wait to earn and get my full evo5 kit and more all worth the wait and work and all free.

Quick Reply: Car Sponsorships