2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 09:33 PM
Dolla316
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!!

So i bought this 02 ES neon thats been modded out...Well now i have a cracked block...So i figure that i might as well jus upgrade my motor...Well its got all kinds of **** on it that i dont really kno about...Im thinkin bout jus puttin a srt4 motor in it but have no idea on how much thats gunna run me...Tha other idea is jus to buy a block and work it from that way...So yeah i really dont have a clue...I need some help...If any one knows where i can get a block for tha 2.0L or where i can get a cheap srt4 let me kno...Im very very very much in need of help...

Old 05-01-2007, 09:42 PM
mike9fore
Veteran
Default RE: HELP!!!

This is a very common theme here....cheap SRT-4 engines can be found on ebay....or your local scrap yard....

Old 05-01-2007, 09:52 PM
Dolla316

Yeah i tried lookin on ebay for like tha last few days and havent really had any luck...Tha junk yards around here are no help either...

Old 05-01-2007, 10:00 PM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

depending on the find you can pick up a salvage 2.0 for like 500 bucks for a decent motor. a complete SRT swap, the easiest thing to do is get a donor car so you have EVERYTHING you need. there are some folks on here who have done the swap and could be of some great assistance. try searching on here, or some of the other forums (2gn.org, srtforums.com, n e o n s.org, myneonspeed.com) there are lots of forums out there i have used to research and share info. alltogether though an SRT swap might run you about 5k, once again depending on the find. a complete donor car can be found for 4-6k, depending on how badly its messed up. just be careful when buying one that was frontal impact, as more can be messed up than meets the eye.

and when searching for a donor car,be patient. if your heart is really set on it you could always throw in a 300 dollar salvage 2.0 until you find the SRT that meets your needs.

Old 05-02-2007, 06:31 AM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

HYou can usually find a complete 2.0 engine with under 100k for around $250-$500...as for te SRT-4 engine/transmission, they can be had for anywhere from $2,000 to $4,000 depending on mileage and what components are included. Here's a list of all the parts you'll need to make the 2.4 turbo work in your Neon:

Engine and Tranny
Complete Engine Wiring Harness
Complete Engine Bay Wiring Harness
Power Steering Pump, lines, and cooler
Clutch master and slave cylinder
Clutch/Brake Pedal assembly
Intercooler Piping
Intercooler
Radiator Hoses
Lower Motor Mounts (the hole in the lower mount is larger for larger bolts)
SRT PCM (wont' need the bracket if swapping into an 03+)
Axles (and half shaft if it isn't on the engine)
Coolant Bottle
Fuel Line from tank to engine bay
Fuel Pump
Flex Fuel line from solid fuel line to fuel rail
Short evap hose that comes from the purge valve
All vacuum lines and the 3 selonids
o2 Sensors
Turbo Housing + o2 Housing
Lower Control Arms (they're stronger yet the same in shape)

Some options parts would include:

SRT Power steering rack (it's shorter)
Knuckles
Flexiable Brake Lines
Calipers
Rotors

Old 05-02-2007, 07:59 PM
Izero
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how did you crack the block is my biggest question... lol

Old 05-02-2007, 08:13 PM
Dolla316

Honestly i have no idea...I think tha guy who had it b4 me raced tha **** out of it...But i think i figured out wat i am goin to do...Jus gunna replace tha block and go from there...Or i been told by a buddy to jus bore tha motor over and get some new bottom end pieces...But then was told by a speed shop not to mess with tha bottom end unless im goin to put juice on it or turbo it...So i think im jus gunna replacve tha block with tha new one i jus got and sell all tha parts that i dont need...

Old 05-02-2007, 08:49 PM
Adionik
Champion

You usually won't be able to find **** at a junk yard for srt's. I went to so many in my city and all of them usually were stripped and put together to make one mega salvage srt. Usually sold for about 9,000.

If my engine killed itself, I would do a swap. Might have to travel a couple states if you find a really good deal.