2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

mopar lip kit-saga continues

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 01:32 PM
Pablodragon
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mopar lip kit-saga continues

Since that other post was so long, thought I'd post this...
Finally got the parts in at my local dealer... I had just got the 2 sides and the front and rear...no spoiler

picked up 2 big ole boxes..was worried about the side skirts, wanted to make sure it came with both sides, which it did.... forgot to check the bigger box before leaving the dealer...
of course, I get home and open the big one and all that is there is the rear lip...no front. Take the big box all the way back to the dealer, and they have to reorder the front/rear. Oh well...gotta re-paint the sides anyway..

So maybe someone can back me up here, if you have either ordered these to be delivered or are picking up, you should get 3 boxes (if you didn't get the spoiler)...am I right?...or is the front and rear supposed to be in the one box? (didn't really see room for it..)

Old 05-07-2007, 02:43 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion
Default RE: mopar lip kit-saga continues

ORIGINAL: Pablodragon

Since that other post was so long, thought I'd post this...
Finally got the parts in at my local dealer... I had just got the 2 sides and the front and rear...no spoiler

picked up 2 big ole boxes..was worried about the side skirts, wanted to make sure it came with both sides, which it did.... forgot to check the bigger box before leaving the dealer...
of course, I get home and open the big one and all that is there is the rear lip...no front. Take the big box all the way back to the dealer, and they have to reorder the front/rear. Oh well...gotta re-paint the sides anyway..

So maybe someone can back me up here, if you have either ordered these to be delivered or are picking up, you should get 3 boxes (if you didn't get the spoiler)...am I right?...or is the front and rear supposed to be in the one box? (didn't really see room for it..)
The box for the front/rear has a false bottom that is hard to notice...did you check the box carefully? When I picked up mine the person who gave me the kit only brought out the rear and I was like "Uhhh...theres supposed to be two pieces"...and then they were like "Uh...well...there was only one box"...then we went in and discovered the box had a false bottom and it was in there all along.

Old 05-07-2007, 05:25 PM
Pablodragon
All Star

Hey Thanx!
I called back the dealer and had them re-check the box before they sent it back, and you are right...
Guy says there are 2 pieces in it... so back I go...
like I said, no major deal cuz I still have to repaint.....

Old 05-07-2007, 05:43 PM
spikeymikey87
Record Breaker

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha nice job lol that almost got me but then i realised the box was a little too shallow

Old 05-07-2007, 06:00 PM
Adionik
Champion

Are the skirts pretty easy to put on? I'm gonna have to drill for the srt skirts right...

Old 05-07-2007, 07:00 PM
spikeymikey87
Record Breaker

yea you have to drill for everything. it shoudnt be that hard, just make sure you mark things off, and test fit multible times before you drill anything.

Old 05-07-2007, 07:34 PM
Freerider
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: spikeymikey87

yea you have to drill for everything. it shoudnt be that hard, just make sure you mark things off, and test fit multible times before you drill anything.
measure twice... cut once

i can't wait till my kit comes in.

Post up pics mang!

Old 05-07-2007, 08:10 PM
Pablodragon
All Star

ORIGINAL: spikeymikey8
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha nice job lol that almost got me but then i realised the box was a little too shallow
Yea, I feel real dumb... the one good thing is that my "local" Dodge dealer is like 2 blocks away!
The hard part was having to keep sneaking out and in with my wife's Caravan to carry that oversized box!
we're both off today!
...grabbed the instructions that come with each part and they look very good... very well explained, even the marking before drilling

Old 05-07-2007, 11:18 PM
spikeymikey87
Record Breaker

got my painted side skirts today...came out like crapo. getting them repainted yay

Old 05-08-2007, 01:20 AM
Pablodragon
All Star

ORIGINAL: spikeymikey87
got my painted side skirts today...came out like crapo. getting them repainted yay
How much to paint the skirts?.. did you prep them yerself?
Friend or body shop?

Quick Reply: mopar lip kit-saga continues