2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

02 neon engine problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007 | 02:32 PM
KCormier
Default 02 neon engine problems

Howdy everyone. I have an 02 neon na car. 2.0L 4 cylinder. I noticed it said 16 valves, that means it's a dohc engine right? Anyways that's just something i'm curious about, on to the real question! Any time I give the car a little bit of gas it will randomly make little hissing noises. It doesn't sound like the engine misfiring i don't think and i don't get a hard knock but i do have absolutely no power while it's doing this. Each time the engine fires I get a little hiss and the car does not accelerate! If I give it an excessive amount of gas like getting on the highway a bit fast the does it horribly and the check engine light will come on for a second or two until I let off the gas. Then it immediately goes away! I'd love to get this problem fixed and even more than that, I really REALLY want to learn about my car (well, my moms). Another question I have is about the platinum plugs. Why are they bad exactly? I saw the sticky but it looks like the links were removed Any explanation of why would be great. I'm running them in my saturn and I'm not sure if I should switch to something else in that as well! If I know why, maybe I can figure out if I should switch the saturn as well! Thanks everyone! I look forward to picking all of your brains and hopefully some day being able to contribute back to the forums Look forward to meeting you all as I learn!

Kevin

Old 05-12-2007 | 06:01 PM
KCormier
Default RE: 02 neon engine problems

Ok. So I have another question. I am a little low on power steering fluid. I picked some up and started to add it in. As it started to flow out of the bottle I realized the colors didn't match. The guy at the shop told me the stuff I was buying would be fine. The power steering fluid in the resovoir is pink. The power steering fluid in the bottle is blue. Is it ok to mix these? I did mix a little bit before i realized. Will this cause a major problem? Thanks for any advice at all guys!!

Kevin

Old 05-12-2007 | 11:31 PM
KCormier

never mind. I answered my own questions. The problem was the spark plugs and/or wires

Old 05-13-2007 | 01:49 AM
Andpto
All Star

if i was u i would go into the 2nd gen sub section u would get a better response on questions to your neon.

Quick Reply: 02 neon engine problems