2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

stalls at the same place and manual ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 02:37 AM
greeneon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stalls at the same place and manual ?

First let me say Great Forum. I just bought a 2001 Neon. Was pretty impressed with the gas milage.(reason for buying.) But now I have a stalling problem. At fwy speeds (70) it will occasionaly just lay down and die at about the 20 mile mark. At first I thought it was kinda funny, like some one was messing with me, because I would see a certain off ramp and wait to see if I made it. Literaly it dies within a few hundred feet each time. Like the fuel filter or pump died. Let it sit or shut it off and wait and it eventualy comes around. Changed the gas cap as it acts like a vent issue but no help. Thought the cap fixed it and took a 500 mile road trip with no probs untill almost home. Layed down and died. Got it runnin went approx 20-30 miles and again and again. No check engine light then when it did it again I tried to keep it runnin and gassed it and put it under a load and finally got the light to come on but it went out. I know that might not show the code I need. Anyway does anyone have a suggestion on a manual that has codes etc. Should I get a factory manual? Any ideas on where to start? I also have an 89 Dodge 1/2 ton so I guess I'm a glutten!

Old 05-14-2007, 02:53 AM
spikeymikey87
Record Breaker
Default RE: stalls at the same place and manual ?

well to pull the codes, turn the key on-off-on-off-on, and they will come up. theres a sticky to say what most of them are. id check plugs, wires, injectors, and pump.

Old 05-14-2007, 03:04 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

How many miles?

Old 05-14-2007, 03:20 AM
Kapitald
Captain

yeah thats going to be an electrical problem...if its not overheating.....i would check fuel system first.....run your diagnostic and see what codes you pull

Old 05-15-2007, 02:57 AM
greeneon

p0171 fuel trim lean left bank system 1. Does this car have timed injection. or 2 banks?
Did it again today. same spot. lifted immediatly and let it idle. stumbled for a while then smoothed out. I waited then drove off.
Should the fan be cycleing under normal conditions? temp gauge shows normal.
car has a 100K.
I'm doin a lot of readin on this site, lots of great info!
Oh ya I'm puttin a mega squirt on my sand rail so lots of good info on that too!

Quick Reply: stalls at the same place and manual ?