2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

eyelids

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007 | 03:56 PM
Kalevra
|
Record Breaker
Default RE: eyelids

see, I have the S style ones and they're a bitch! I guess I have to have them done professionally

Old 05-18-2007 | 08:55 PM
nswap7
Captain

so in people's opinions the fibergalss is easier and looks better?

Old 05-20-2007 | 12:07 AM
klings designs
Captain

Need to use a heat gun, Or do it on a really hot sunny day! GO SLOW!

Old 05-20-2007 | 01:28 AM
Pablodragon
All Star

I did mine myself this way, with just some spare vinyl..
I don't know about the other style talked about above...someone here said it makes yer car look like it has down syndrom,..or yer tryin to make it look like the hood extends over the lights?... I guess it's just me...to each his or her own....

Old 05-21-2007 | 07:10 AM
dodgeneonz
Veteran

I had the S style eyelids... no bubbling at all... I did do it on an average sunny day though... all i did was use a soapy spray bottle and spray like crazy on the headlight and when you peel the back of the vinyl off spray "a lot" of soapy water on the sticky side... basically wet the whole thing till its dripping then put i on... then since during that time i had nokya's high wattage bulb so it gets a little warm inside... so all i did was turn the headlight on... while i keep spraying soapy water and smoothing it out with a card... you'll see some excess vinyl when you go through the curve part but some heat (in my case the high wattage bulb and sunny day) will cause it to warp around just nicely... once finished let it dry for like 1 hour and you're good to go... make sure you get all the bubbles out when it's still wet... otherwise you'll have to pop it if it still has bubbles when it's dry. I did mine twice... ordered a first pair and screwed up thinking i can put it on without soapy water... and the second time i did it nicely... I post some picture up on here tomorrow. Take your time too... (took me about 30mins for both side)

Old 05-22-2007 | 10:19 PM
Kalevra
|
Record Breaker

Ok, so I got them on, they look alright (some bubbling and wrinkles), but now I'm definitely gonna save up and get fiberglass ones... the money I put out for the damn vinyls with install.. I could have gotten fiberglass ones for about 10 bucks more. I'm kinda pissed, but I'll eat this one this time. Live and learn..

I'm not dealing with vinyl again!

lol

Old 05-23-2007 | 02:47 AM
dodgeneonz
Veteran

I got mine for about 25 bucks shipped and it comes in 2 pairs one black and one silver... the silver one is a little transparent when lit at night with headlight... but anyway... that's all that i've paid... 25... i think the fiberglass one was around 80 on ebay wasn't it? I just thought it was too expensive and i'm concerned about it blowing off at highway speed but that's just me.

Old 05-23-2007 | 01:51 PM
Adionik
Champion

If you stick them with 3m tape they ain't going ANYWHERE...

Old 05-23-2007 | 03:53 PM
Kalevra
|
Record Breaker

if you didnt do an install on the vinyls send them back(if they're the s style)! they look like **** if you dont install them right! I'm going to try and get my money back from the install. if you can do them yourself and have them look perfect, more luck to you, but I got ripped off! and I'm pissed

Old 05-23-2007 | 05:32 PM
AirWolf

Yeah most of the fiberglass ones like from cbd and srt designs and the ones on ebay dont even some with tape some dont stick very well and some of those fiberglass eyelids crack easily. the vinyl ones from revoution are pretty nice and they do come with two sets . I actually going to take a chance on some cf carbon by design s style ones for my black housings I found on ebay for 80 bucks shipped one more day and there mine.

Quick Reply: eyelids