2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

So...

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 05:16 AM
Freerider
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So...

I have been doing some calculations as to my funds this summer for mods.

I am purchasing some wheels and tires... but I have 400-500 bucks left over for me to buy shiz without exceeding my budget.

I know I might buy an UDP, but the rest is up in the air. I might finally buy myself some msd ignition wires...

but, here is everything I have right now...

K&N CAI
MPx 60mm Throttle Body
Prothane Race Motor Mounts
Crane Cam #0012 grind
Crane Valve springs
AEM Adjustable cam gear
PaceSetter Header
Vibrant Exhaust
Mopar 3D Tail Lights
SRT-4 Spoiler
Mopar Lip Kit (all sides)
DC Strut Bars (Front and Rear)
Shorty Antenna
Sony 6x9 Xplodes (rear speakers)
Red Valve Cover

Now... I want suspension but I want to buy the Tokico Blue Struts and the Eibach sportlines springs, but I will go over budget by like close to 100 bucks.

what say the honorable DF members?

Old 05-24-2007, 01:20 PM
AirWolf
Default RE: So...

nice list of current mods . I would go with the springs and struts before the udp they will help your ride alot and since your getting tires and rims why not . Than go with the udp you have some nice engine mods just have to wait for the udp. The msd wires only cost 51.99 shipped from modern thats where Im getting mine.

Old 05-24-2007, 01:24 PM
xenoneon
Rookie

some places where u get ur rims and tires from...u get free lowering springs...like wheelsnext.com u just gotta ask questions and go all over websites to find out.

Old 05-24-2007, 01:56 PM
SXTspeed
Veteran

suspensin mods would be good, or you could also sell the vibrant exhaust you have and get the magnaflow cat-back exhaust. It costs around $500.

Old 05-24-2007, 02:08 PM
AirWolf

Vibrant is a nice exhaust setup just keep it and save yourself some money . Also you can get tokiko blues and there lowering springs on ebay for 300 shipped . I Would do that setup spikey mickeys rides lowered on that and so are a few others on here. I might go with that setup after I see how low my kit is when I get that on.

Old 05-24-2007, 02:38 PM
SXTspeed
Veteran

Vibrant isn't bad or anything, but I am just a fan of better performance. I guess that is sort of a weakness when it comes to cars and me. I would rather spend all my money to make big power than spenda couple hundred getting better suspension and brakes...

Old 05-24-2007, 02:45 PM
AirWolf

. If you really want a good exhaust magnaflow isnt the best out there its borla. But me Im more show than go so some 18s and a nice drop is the only way to go for my taste. Speed kills anyways.

Old 05-24-2007, 02:46 PM
SXTspeed
Veteran

ORIGINAL: AirWolf

I have the srt4 setup and good enough for me . If you really want a good exhaust magnaflow isnt the best out there its borla. But me Im more show than go so some 18s and a nice drop is the only way to go for my ride. Everyone on here is more out for go than show . Me I like to go against the flow and go for show. Also in his case he has a nice exhaust and exhaust wasnt on his mods thats he wants .Hes getting rims and tires why not get a drop while your at it.
AirWolf, read that to yourself a couple of times...it doesn't make any sense lol

Old 05-24-2007, 02:48 PM
AirWolf

IS THAT BETTER ! SORRY ITS JUST THE WAY I FEEL . Exhaust wasnt on his list springs and struts were and will go nicely with his rims and tires hes getting.

Old 05-24-2007, 03:01 PM
SXTspeed
Veteran

ORIGINAL: AirWolf

. If you really want a good exhaust magnaflow isnt the best out there its borla. But me Im more show than go so some 18s and a nice drop is the only way to go for my taste. Speed kills anyways.
lol you didn't have to change the whole post i just thought it was funny..

And what a coincidence that you said speed kills, cause I was reading this guys sig over at srtforums.com...
"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." [/b]Jeremy Clarkson

Quick Reply: So...