2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

any neon owners wit fog Lights?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 06:44 PM
contagious19
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any neon owners wit fog Lights?

just a question, i dont have fog lights in my 2000 dodge neon and i wanted to puts some. well do u guys have a switch dat turnes on da fog lights or do they turn wen u turn on da regular lights? because i want to put some fog lights but i dont want to put some if i have to do new rewireing.
thanx in advance.

Old 05-24-2007, 07:44 PM
Andpto
All Star
Default RE: any neon owners wit fog Lights?

there is a switch on main stock that u pull out to turn on the fogs. ill take a pic when i get home for you. I think there is a how-to on the 2gn.org on wiring to put fog lights on a non-fog light car

Old 05-24-2007, 09:56 PM
snare_samn
Professional

Yeah, after turning the lights on (away from you), you just pull the end out and the fog lights come on.

Old 05-25-2007, 03:57 AM
nswap7
Captain

yah i need to fix my switch. It likes to come on at times cuz its really sensitive. I usually always have em on, but didnt when it broke and it would even turn on when the turn signal clicked back over.

Old 05-25-2007, 04:23 AM
neon chic
Veteran

i have them on my 00 es i love em you just pull the end of the light lever out when the lights are on

Old 05-25-2007, 08:18 PM
blocks885
Veteran

I added fog lights, and wired in my own switch-- I didn't want to spend the money buying the new lever for the car. I think I did a pretty good job, I wired in a relay, and a regular switch so that I can have them on when I want them on and not have them on when the lights are on if I don't want them.

PM me if you want some instructions/pictures of my mod--The Neon is like the only car without a Fog Light Kit.

Old 05-26-2007, 12:54 PM
Pablodragon
All Star

ORIGINAL: Andpto
there is a switch on main stock that u pull out to turn on the fogs. ill take a pic when i get home for you. I think there is a how-to on the 2gn.org on wiring to put fog lights on a non-fog light car
That's fine if the car came with fog lights, but that little pull-out at the end of the stalk only exists if the car came with them. Actually cant speak for the 2000 model, but my 04 does not have it cuz it didn't come with the fogs. So it's probably alot easier to wire in a separate switch than it is to try to take apart the steering column and try to put in a whole new switch-stalk!

Old 05-26-2007, 01:30 PM
Sawhiskey
All Star

I know when we wired fog lights to my friends truck we just ran a ground an positive into the cab drilled a small hole put like a little switch an it was done. The switch looked cool and could go anywhere you want, very easy install.

Old 05-26-2007, 03:30 PM
lblackneon
Champion

I wish I could drive with my yellow lights and my fog lights on at the same time though.

Old 03-11-2014, 10:41 AM
spicysank
Default Installing Aftermarket Halo Lights

Hi There.

Just joined the forum. Yesterday had the halo headlights installed on my SX 2.0(Neon) 04. Now i am having an issue. Please help.

I turn my car on. My halo lights, led and fog lamps turn on. My engines start and still they work fine. Now comes the problem, i turn the projector lights on and then turn them off, now as expected the fog lamps and halo lights should come up but they dont .

Please help .

Quick Reply: any neon owners wit fog Lights?