2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Car at the paint shop for new bumper and exhaust!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 10:50 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car at the paint shop for new bumper and exhaust!

Well just dropped my neon off over at Maaco, the paintshop. They are so awesome over there. Anyway, I had previously ordered the r/t bumper from them, and it came in so i made the appointment to get the new r/t bumper installed. Today when I got there, he brougght the new bumper outside and see how it lined up with my exisiting vibrant exhaust system. The passenger side tip was slighty over to the right but the driver side tip was perfeclty fitting, and the tip had plenty of room to fit into the cutout! So my guy there at the paintshop said he is going to have the exhaust shop down the street make new pipes off the muffler and customly have them go into the exhaust slots. When the exhaust shop puts the new arms back on of the vibrant, they will put the tips back on, so all you will see is some sweet 4" tips that say vibrant on them sticking in perfectly into the r/t slots. I cannot wait! It's completely custom, and it will look so mint, and will no longer look like a recognizable neon from behind anymore, ill post pics up when i get it back next week, cant wait!

Old 05-29-2007, 11:24 PM
Sawhiskey
All Star
Default RE: Car at the paint shop for new bumper and exhaust!

Sounds Nice, cannot wait to see the pictures.

Old 05-30-2007, 02:37 AM
SlowSXT03
Rookie

how much they chargin u? my buddy went to maaco and they charged him 250 for the entire car and it turned out crappy....really crappy...

Old 05-30-2007, 04:08 AM
sparky1_2007
Professional

yea, i would also like to know the price of a R/T rear bumper, i am looking into purchacing one...

Old 05-30-2007, 04:50 AM
contagious19
Champion

i kno people wit maaco paint jobs and it never came out good. i heard they are cheap because dey use cheap paint. da paint starts to chip off from wat i seen

Old 05-30-2007, 01:06 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Well unfortunately you get what you pay for. They offer many different paint jobs, starting from a base coat that is as cheap as $200, or there good stuff which can leak into the $1000 mark depending on how much you want to spend on getting the dents and dings out of the body. My brother got his '95 F-350 painted jet black for $1200 last year. They took out all the dents though so it rose the price up. His paint is the most amazing thing I have ever seen though. If you get there cheap paint prices though, it will definately come out crappy, they aren't going to give you anything more than what you put into it. But we go way back with these guys, we'vehad thempaint two of our vehicles completelyblack and they looks so good, everything head to toe is mint.

I will say though, this bumper/exhaust jobjob isn't going to be cheap... The r/t bumper was $260, and they are putting it on and painting it for $240. I suspect it will be more though after they are done cause they were not anticipating bringing it to the exhaust shop down the street to custom fit my vibrant exhaust perfectly into the r/t slots. I suspect when they call me next week with a finished job, it will come to about $600. I love maaco though, they are the only bodyshop i know that does custom jobs without a hassle and they seem somewhat enthusiastic to what me and my brother do with our vehicles.I cant wait to get the car back, its goin to look insanely custom, im happy i get to keep the vibrant cause everyone says it sounds so good and unique, but also say it just looks retarded the way it dangles beneath the stock neon bumper! I'll post pics up asap when i get the car back!

Old 05-30-2007, 01:23 PM
nswap7
Captain

see if u can get any pics of the vibrant even before its put back on, like how it looks after re-welding and all that happy shtuff

Old 05-30-2007, 01:25 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

yeah definately, ill have maaco call me when the exhaust shop finishes screwing around with it

Old 05-30-2007, 01:34 PM
SlowSXT03
Rookie

260 for the bumper and then 240 to paint it and put it on? wow.

i had a bodyshop order my bumper, paint it, paint 1/2 the rear qtr panels to blend it, and install for $325.00.

it looks great too, like it just came off the line actually.

Old 05-30-2007, 01:38 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

yeah i know its a bit much, but im such an impatient guy, id rather screw myself out of deal then have to wait around looking to find something for cheap lol. Plus, these guys were the only ones who were willing to tackle the job, everyone else just sits there and starres at you and says the stupidest words, "Guy, it's just a neon, dual exhaust?" So it's pretty tough trying to customly pimp a neon out around here in Maine, where exotic cars aren't so common haha. Anyway im just really looking forward to this, ill post pics up of the car with the vibrant and stock bumper rear, and car with the new r/t bumper and vibrant system, it will be grand.

Quick Reply: Car at the paint shop for new bumper and exhaust!